Tuesday, December 21, 2010

December 19, 2010

December 19, 2010


Dear Family and Friends,


This week has been a little slower, but still very fast and full. Monday was bitterly cold. For FHE we went to get our Christmas tree. The only problem was that because it was so cold I stayed in the car with J and RM while M and B-man chose the tree. Really B-man chose the tree, and he loves it which is really important. I kept telling myself not to ruin it for him by commenting on how small the tree is. It was too late to decorate it that night by the time we got it in and ate dinner.


Tuesday after school B-man insisted on decorating the tree. So we did. Of course J started taking off the ornaments about as quickly as we were putting them on. He broke one ornament while we were taking a break to work on dinner and even cut his hand on the crystal. Luckily it wasn’t too deep. We were all a little nervous about what would happen the rest of the week. The bottom of the tree is pretty bare where he can reach.

IMG_4953

Wednesday I finally made it out to the grocery store. Just as I got to the store and had on item in my cart the realtor called and said that a couple that had been through our house previously wanted to come back. The only problem was that they only gave me about forty minutes notice, and of course I had assumed that no one would be coming when I left the house. I rushed home and put J in the high chair with cheerios while I ran (no exaggeration) through the house. I even managed to put a dust ruffle on a bed that I had taken off to wash. I am not sure how I got the mattress off and then back on again by myself, but somehow I did. Of course they came five minutes early, so I was still there. I quickly gathered the boys and headed to the bus stop to get B-man before heading back to the store to finish my shopping.


Thursday we got several inches of snow. B-man even got out of school two hours early because of it. Snow is always fun here. That afternoon we went to look at a house. It had some really good things, but also some big costs involved. I LOVE looking at houses. I don’t think I would ever get sick of it.


Friday after school we got some Thai food and had dinner with some friends. It was a good way to be out of the house and keep it clean.


Saturday morning I was up early to go play basketball. When we got to the church we discovered that the gym was set up for a ward Christmas party. So I headed back home. At least it got me up and going. The rest of the day was fairly normal. M left to get the car wash, and of course right when he left we got a call that someone wanted to come see the house. So once again I rushed through getting things ready. (I was so happy that J was sleeping this time.) M got home just as we needed to be out. We packed up and then headed to Costco. That is always a good place to kill some time.

IMG_4956

Sunday was a good day. M had meetings in the morning and then came home. We made sure to leave the house in perfect condition in case someone called while we were at church. But of course no calls… After church we went to a friend’s house for dinner. We had a delicious dinner and then a fun little gift exchange for the kids and adults. The adults’ was a white elephant, and it is always hilarious. After staying too long we had to get home so that B-man could get enough sleep for school. It seems just wrong that he is still in school.


We love you all!


The C Crew


2 comments:

Diane said...

I well remember the "keep the house ready" days. That's the hardest part of selling a house.

I love the picture of the three boys. They certainly resemble one another.

Brad Fallon said...

Cute little boys! I really enjoyed the site. It’s always nice when you find something that is not only informative but entertaining. Awesome! Happy Holidays!
Brad Fallon