Wednesday, January 12, 2011

January 9, 2011

January 9, 2011


Dear Family and Friends,


The story of this week is pretty similar to the last several weeks. Sick kids and showing the house. RM has started to make a lot of improvement, but J had some lingering symptoms. We just kept hoping things would get better. We had showings almost every day this week too. I am getting more efficient at getting the house ready.

IMG_3210

Thursday J developed a high fever. Given all that he has had in the last two weeks I decided that he should be seen. Luckily I was able to get an appointment during a showing when I had to be out of the house anyway. Unfortunately the appointment was at an office that was further away. I called the school and had them tell B-man to go to their house after school. They live in our neighborhood and apparently he did a great job of walking to their house by himself. He is getting so grown up! The appointment at the doctor’s went well. They did several tests to try and figure out what he has going on with him. They also gave him a nebulizer treatment. He screamed and writhed the entire time. He was a very sweaty feverish mess by the time he dislocated the tubing from the machine and the rest of the medicine dumped out. I was so relieved it was over! After some debate the doctor sent me to get a chest x-ray. I then hurried home and picked up B-man. Then we all drove over to the radiology place and waited. Thankfully M was able to meet us there. I then took B-man and RM home so that we could work on homework etc. Turns out the x-ray was negative for any obvious pneumonia, but they will be treating him as if he has it. That night I went to book club. We discussed “The Room.”

IMG_3202

Friday was a slow day at home. I shot around with some friends in the morning. M was home and was able to help me take J and RM in for their “Well Baby” check-ups. It was so nice to have an extra set of hands. That night after dinner M and B-man went to a little party at our Bishop’s house. It was designed to let people get to know each other.

IMG_3216

Saturday morning I went to play in a stake basketball game. B-man came to cheer me on. I am really out of shape, but the game was still fun. After the game we rushed home so that I could get cleaned up before a meeting with a realtor. We received an offer on our house and he wanted to meet to discuss the terms etc… The meeting went well, and the rest of the day was wonderfully relaxing. We played games and just enjoyed being together. We were happy to see that J’s fever had finally broken and he seemed to be feeling a little better. We were also waiting to hear if our counter offer had been accepted. That night we watched some episodes of “Lost” and got news that we had another counter offer to consider. We countered again, and then went to bed.

IMG_3234

Sunday mornings are much busier now that we have 9:00 church. M has very early meetings, so he is gone when the rest of us get up. We got up and going. M got home just in time to help straighten up the house while I finished getting myself ready. Sacrament meeting had excellent talks on Fast offerings and setting goals. Then we took J to nursery. He walked right in happily, but after a diaper change by me he wasn’t too excited to stay in nursery without me. When we arrived home, we noticed that there were strange cars in front of our house. We realized that someone was in our house right then! We were glad that we had taken the time to get it mostly ready. After spying on them, and watching them leave we went home. I enjoyed a nice afternoon nap, and the boys had a good time reading and such. We received news from our realtor that the people that came through our house without notice were probably going to put in an offer. That was very exciting. We love multiple offers. B-man invited a neighborhood friend over for dinner. B-man was excited to have him, and he was super polite and ate all the food even though it was a strange meal. After dinner we video chatted with M’ parents and then got the boys ready for bed. M then left for a meeting with a Stake Presidency member.

IMG_3249

We love you all, and hope you are doing well. Hopefully our house will be sold soon!


The C Crew


2 comments:

Diane said...

Ooh! Keep us posted on the house! I wish I could come and help with the move.

Nicole said...

I love your pictures! Especially the one looking down on RM and J. So artsy.