Wednesday, April 20, 2011

April 17, 2011

April 17, 2011


Dear Family and Friends,


M left early Monday morning for a conference in Seattle. I must admit that I had been slightly disappointed that the government had not shut down. If it had, it would have meant that M would have had to stay home. So now you know how selfish I am. But he did go, and he enjoyed the week for the most part. That morning I had a friend watch J while I took RM to a pediatric ophthalmologist. They had prepared me before hand that it could be a long wait. Thankfully the wait was half what they told me. We went in, and first saw the “assistant.” (I know there is a better term for it.) We were seeing the doctor because both I and the pediatrician had noticed that one eye was not tracking like it should. The pediatrician said it was probably just a lazy eye. Well after a thorough exam by the assistant and the doctor, neither one saw it! (When I said that I noticed it in pictures too, they asked if I had brought any…. Oops.) I guess that is good. They did say that he has a wide bridge on his nose that may have made it look off, and that he is more far sighted than a normal infant. So we are going back in six months to see if he is still off. After the appointment I went and picked up J. He had been enjoying the wonderful weather with his friend outside. That afternoon after B-man had finished his homework we went to a friend’s house. There were three women there and we were all flying solo for the night. We ate dinner, and then I did a FHE lesson on Easter and the resurrection.

IMG_5298

Tuesday through Thursday is pretty much a blur. I honestly can’t remember anything. We were just in our routine of normal life. I am working on packing, collecting boxes, etc.

IMG_4235

This is RM’s new trick with his lips.


Friday morning I took the boys over to a friend’s house for some play time. J loves their house and gets so excited whenever we pull up in their driveway. We had a great time and loved the perfect weather without bugs. Those days don’t happen as often as we would like. That night for dinner I got really brave and took the boys out for pizza instead of making it. We went to this place that is a pizza buffet. All things considered it went really well. We did have a spilled water cup, and J had marinara sauce all over his face and hands (good thing I remembered a bib) but it wasn’t too terrible for everyone. We even all left full. For our family party we watched “Dirty Jobs” and then the boys went to bed.

IMG_4237

Saturday morning was pretty relaxed. The weather was rainy and stormy all day. In the afternoon we went and picked up M from the airport. We were all so happy to have him home. J wouldn’t let him out of his sight the rest of the weekend. We had a slow day the rest of the day. That night after the boys were in bed we ended up watching an edited version of “Slumdog Millionaire.” It was an interesting film, but it was really sad too.

IMG_5304

Sunday was a good day. No meetings for M in the morning. Church went well for the most part. After church I worked on dinner for us and a family that had just had a baby. We took a little excursion to take them dinner, before coming back and eating our own food. After dinner we went for a nice long walk to help burn off some time and energy.


We love you all!


The C Crew


1 comment:

Diane said...

I remember so well all the years that Ray traveled so much. I can relate to what it's like for you.