Monday, November 7, 2011

October 23, 2011


October 23, 2011

Dear Family and Friends,

Monday was our normal routine.   We did shopping on Monday and then for FHE we took all the kids to soccer practice.  We try to sing primary songs or talk about something gospel related to make it a little more like a real FHE. 

The rest of the week is kind of a blur.  We have had a lot of things looming over our heads.  We were prepping for talks, trying to get other projects done around the house, and then the usual home things.  J and RM started getting sick towards the end of the week. 

J did this to the bread.  I am trying to figure out if he was hungry or frustrated.  Maybe both?
Friday morning one of my friends came over for a little just to break up the monotony.  We had a good time and I showed her my finished bookcase project.  That night for our family party we had pizza and then watched more episodes of “The Pink Panther.”  It’s a hit at our house.

I love seeing all four of these heads together.  I'm sure B-man would have been on M's lap if he could too.
Saturday was a busy day.  I was out early looking for things at garage sales.  It was a quick day but productive.  I headed back early so that I could make it to B-man’s soccer game.  It was a cold day and since RM was sick he stayed in the car with M.  Eventually he took J and RM home while I finished the game.  B-man wasn’t playing the last quarter anyway.  After soccer we went home and B-man rode his bike to a birthday party for some friends in the neighborhood.  He was so excited that he could ride his bike there.  While he was gone I hit a few more garage sales and then M and I took turns working on our talks.  We also managed to clean up the garage a little, plant a bunch of bulbs, and enjoy being outside a little. 




Today has been a busy day.  We spent the morning finishing our talks, and I was also working on a jumbo singing time.  Next week we begin practicing in the chapel for our Primary Program.  M also had two meetings to go to.  Once at church we got really nervous.  Neither one of us was very excited to wrangle the boys alone while the other was speaking, but we also weren’t that excited to speak.  It was a no win situation.  I’m not going to lie, it wasn’t pretty but we made it through somehow.  I’m just grateful that I can usually count on B-man to be reverent without much effort.  After church we came home and started working on dinner.  We ate and then went for a post dinner walk.  When we got home we had some friends there that dropped off their daughter so they could go speak at a fireside.  The boys had a great time having her over.  B-man had a little impromptu Sunday school with her.  He read her a chapter in the Book of Mormon, and then made her say various phrases like “I love God.”  And “I’m grateful Jesus made the Earth.”  It was really hilarious.  We chatted with them for a while once they came back and then were grateful for the end of the week!  We are so happy to be done with the talks…

We love you all!
The C Crew

No comments: