Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Celebrating

We took the kids to a celebratory dinner last night.  M had a scan a week and a half ago, then last week we met with M's oncologist.  The results were great!  Things looked just like the doctor wanted them to look.  We felt so so grateful.  That immediate night we celebrated with pizza, but we wanted to do a little bit more.

So last night I took the kids and met M at Benihana's.  I was so nervous to take four children to a fairly nice restaurant.  We met M right at 5, and were very relieved to see there were only families with other small children at that time too.  Dinner was as hilarious as you might imagine.  The kids ate varying items of their dinners, but LOVED the cook.  And of course J was talking non-stop to our poor chef.  Actually it went really well, but we will never take them again.  And there shouldn't be a need, because kicking cancer is the only reason to take them to a nice restaurant.  And we can cross that off the list!


P.S.  The frugal part of me feels the need to explain that M had a birthday coupon to use at the restaurant.  Otherwise we wouldn't have done it.  It was just perfect timing.

11 comments:

Laura said...

what a great way to celebrate! and very brave :)

dadnmom said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
dadnmom said...

(Decided to delete and start over since you will not know who we are until I introduce us. "dadnmom" appears since that is how I post on our childrens' blogs. This is from Bonnie Winterton. We used to live in FF, and M was one of my most amazing and wonderful Seminary students and a classmate to one of our children, Kimberlee.)I am so grateful to hear this awesome news that M has beat the Cancer !! What an appropriate way to celebrate such wonderful news. Prayers have certainly been heard and answered. I'm so happy for your family !! Hug M for me, please !

Nostrebor said...

Great news guys!

Ina & co. said...

Bc, you crack me up. Honestly, who could put a price on what you're celebrating? But I suppose we Dyers do have a compulsion to use coupons... :)

Randy Monk said...

You may retain your good standing in the League of Frugality only if:
The discount was at least 10 percent and
You didn't really enjoy the food because it was not free.

Marie W said...

SO happy for this post and this wonderful news!

KatieMac said...

This post makes me so happy. This is wonderful news and I'm glad you had a chance to celebrate in style!

Lucy said...

The best news and completely worthy of a fun night out to eat! Yay yay!!

Bob said...

Great news!

Unknown said...

I'm so grateful!! You all look great!!!