Monday, November 30, 2009

November 29, 2009

November 29, 2009


Dear Family and Friends,


Happy Thanksgiving! What a great week and holiday we’ve had. We have really kept busy around. Monday the big event of the day was me getting a few cavities taken care of at the dentist. Originally he said that they were tiny and wouldn’t need any numbing. But he just numbed me anyways, and then I got extra because it didn’t work the first time. I was numb the rest of the day. We had a quick FHE and then put the boys to bed. My project this week has been working on John’s Christmas stocking. So every night after the boys are in bed I have worked on getting it done to hang up with the other stockings.


Tuesday Benjamin developed a bit of a cold. That afternoon we took John to the doctor for his belated four month check-up. He is 27.5 inches (95%) and 17 lbs. 10 oz. (75%). He looked good to the doctor and got four shots as a parting gift. Poor little guy. That night for mutual the boys and girls went to a homeless shelter nearby to decorate their cafeteria for Thanksgiving. We had a big work crew and the job was done very quickly.

IMG_1768

Wednesday Benjamin had the day off. We played games and had a quiet day at home. Thursday morning we were all up at our usual time. Benjamin and Matthias hung out together while I started working on my assignments for dinner. I made an apple pie and a salad. Everything was going very well. Benjamin was a great helper peeling the apples and mixing things up. The pie went in looking wonderful. After cooking I pulled it out, took off the foil and the pie had collapsed! It was supposed to be “mile high” but it was not. I was a little panicked but after calling my mom we figured out the problem (the apples) and figured that it would still taste okay. I have made that pie a lot, but never had that problem! We had no other choice but to bring it. We headed over to a friend’s house that was hosting a few families from the ward for dinner. There were six families, and eighteen children. Thirteen of the children were boys. The dinner was great! It was amazing how well all the kids played together (and stayed out of the way) during the evening. And thankfully the pie tasted great. Although once I cut into it the consistency was more like applesauce. Such a strange pie I made…

IMG_1761

That night poor John had a miserable night. It was his worst night ever by far! He only slept about an hour max at a time and kept waking up and crying. I really don’t know why, but it was miserable. I left early that morning to do a little shopping. It was all things for our house, but I wanted to take advantage of the sales, and since Matthias needed to go into work I had to go out early. The stores were predictably crazy, but I was able to get through things pretty quickly. After I got home, Matthias left for work and we stayed home to have fun. We did a few more errands that afternoon in between John’s naps. That night was pretty quiet too.


Saturday was another quiet day. We all slept in. (John included!) Our big project of the day was setting up the Christmas decorations. Benjamin was so excited to do it, and he actually helped for a while. Then he found the Fisher Price Nativity and he played with that for the rest of the day. I have come to two conclusions, I don’t have enough decorations, but I also have too many for my current home. I don’t know if that makes sense, but it does in my mind. That night I went to dinner with some friends to celebrate the birthday of one of the women. Dinner was great and I was so grateful to Matthias for taking John so I could really enjoy the time.


Today has been another quiet day. John has the cold that Benjamin had. So we both stayed home from church. Matthias didn’t have any meetings this morning. It was great to have him home for a little extra time. After church we made pizza for dinner before getting everyone ready for bed.


We love you all! We hope you had a safe and happy Thanksgiving. We have so much to be grateful for! At the top of the list are our faith, families, and friends.

Love,

Rebecca, Matthias, Benjamin, and John

2 comments:

RayRay said...

you are so cute. your email made my day... And i'm sorry John had a rough night on Thursday... maybe it was the turkey lurkey.

anne said...

I want to see a picture of the stocking! Your baby is so cute (and big!).