Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Stockings


I am officially caught up with stockings. I made J's and and then had to re-do M's. As with any project there are things that I wish had turned out differently. Oh well. I'm not going to remake them.

Here's the story on the stockings. My grandmother made her children's stockings and then all of the grandchildren while she was alive. My dad's was red, and so when I went to continue the tradition in our family I went back to the old school and did red. Partially because that was what my older sister had decided and I thought it was a good idea. Mine is the one that my Grandmother made. Mine have come out slightly different in style. Mostly because when I did M's first I didn't have mine with me. I had to work from my memory. I love making the stockings. I think about my cute grandmother the whole time I'm working. She was a saint, and someday I hope to be just a little bit like her.

5 comments:

Ina & co. said...

R - Everyone raves about how cute you're stockings are! I'm so glad I could see them... Finally! Great work!!

emi. said...

you are the master at this! i love them!

Jo-Dan said...

I remember when you were working on B man's...they are super cute! I've been looking for a good idea for our stockings...but I wouldn't have a great story like you do about them...

Amber said...

I am so happy to be part of this lovely family tradition!!! Beautiful job.

B said...

So cute, R. Chris's grandma made ours and gave them to me for Christmas last year. Honestly, they're the best Christmas present I've ever received. They're adorable.

You did such a cute job.