Monday, December 28, 2009

Elusive Sleep

Sleep has been a little hard to come by around here the last couple of weeks. J's been sick, now he is teething, etc. Last night wasn't our worst night, but it involved B-man which made it stand out. Sometime during the night B-man came into our bed. We all slept through the initial entrance into the bed. Around 2:30 I heard J crying. Since he didn't stop after a few minutes I got up to go see if I could help him. I got B-man up and took him to bed at the same time. The next time I got up to help J, (I'm not exactly sure how much time had passed) I noticed that B-man's light was on, and he was playing with his Legos. After helping J I went in to get B-man to bed. We had the following conversation.

me: "B-man it's not time to play, you need to go to bed."
B-man: (very emphatically, not sounding at all like it is the middle of the night) "Mom, I'm just bored!"
me: "B-man it is two in the morning, it's not time to play!"
B-man: "Mom, I'm just so bored!"
me: I turn off the light while saying "Well if you go to sleep you won't be bored."

Some days I am not quite sure where that child came from.

4 comments:

Diane said...

What is it about sleep? I never seem to get enough, then I look at my kids going through what you're going through, and I should be thankful I get as much sleep as I do.

B said...

Bored? Really? Legos? All the fun happens while I'm sleeping. Was he tired the next day?

RayRay said...

oh man i love you guys.

Amber said...

Ha! Unfortunatly that sounds extremely familiar. =)