Saturday, January 16, 2010

January 10, 2010 Very Late…

Sunday, January 10

Dear Family and Friends:

We have an eventful week. I stayed home from work today, and was invited to write this week’s letter.

Monday
For FHE we decided to do some work around the house. We placed a plastic sheet over two of our upstairs windows, the side facing the wind, trying to better insulate the house. Unfortunately we picked the wrong time to do it – right before bed for the boys. We didn’t get either of the boys to bed on time, but the rooms didn’t have air blowing directly in.

After getting the plastic on the windows, I took off and watched the Boise State v TCU game with some friends, only staying until half time.

Tuesday
We went to the chapel early so that the women/young women could practice basketball. B-man thought that he was coaching the girls/women, while he ran around the gym. I took the boys home and R stayed around for mutual.

Wednesday
I was dropped off at the doctor’s office on the way home from work. (Background: Three months ago I had a cyst removed from my left calf and the wound was not healing well. The doctor went in and removed the scar reopened the wound and stitched me back up.) Becca and the boys picked me up after the surgery.

0 060

Thursday
I went to work as normal and limped around the office. I’m glad to normally have minimal issues when it comes to my body; (aside from being to tall for cars, showers, sinks, countertops, etc.) having my leg out of commission has been pretty lame. That night R went to help her friend pack their kitchen for their upcoming move.

Friday
With the couple of inches of snow that we had received over night, B-man went into school two hours late. Becca loved having him around and having a less-rushed morning. She would love to have B-man start school when she did (9:15am) so that there was a little more time in the morning. With B-man waking up so early, regardless of the day, it’s nice that it isn’t a battle to get him up in the morning.

0 044

I went into work as normal and came home in a little more pain. This week turned out to be a “bad week” to have the surgery on my leg. Our friends were moving (staying in the ward boundaries) into a new place and I was not well enough to help them out. I offered the help of B-man and R, but instead we watched their son at our house that night while the actual move was happening.

Saturday
R let me sleep in while she got breakfast for B-man. I woke up at 8:30 and was back in bed by 10:00. My leg was hurting and I had a fever. R went to coach the young women in the first game of the basketball season.

0 053

For our family party we watched Star Wars IV: A New Hope (B-man’s new favorite movie – thank you Scott). B-man is constantly asking questions of who is who, and what’s happening. He loves all of the action and is getting less scared of the trash-compactor scene.

Sunday
R had a meeting with her presidency, while I sent a counselor to Ward Council. I stayed home from church with J while R and B-man went to church. I tried to stay off my feet as much as possible, while getting dinner prepped. We were excited to use the new pressure cooker for the mashed potatoes and were pleased with the results.

0 070

4 comments:

Diane said...

I hope the leg is improving! It is certainly no fun to be laid up, and it is never convenient. I can't believe how big your boys are getting.

Lana said...

wow, that is quite a wound, M. Hoping you heal up and feel better soon.

anne said...

I can't believe that wound on your leg!!! It's gross, but I'm secretly glad you posted that pic.

Also, the last picture of J is so cute. The lighting on his face is perfect and the room in the background looks really pretty. What a cute family.

B said...

M! I'm so sorry! That LOOKS painful (and cool). =( I hope you're doing better now.