Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Emergency!

Another story from our trip...

A couple of weeks ago M and I took my sister Q to the airport. She had to go very early in the morning and we needed to pick up a rental car, so it worked out perfectly. We made sure to leave the door open to our room as we left so that my mom could hear when the boys woke up.

6:15 a.m.: My mom wakes up and double checks that the door is open to our room.

6:33 a.m.: Over the intercom system in our house comes the following message... (Keep in mind that the whole house is sleeping. Even my mom had gone back to sleep, and that B-man was yelling into the microphone and it gets piped through the whole house...
"Attention everyone! There is an emergency! I can't find my mom and dad!"
My mom hopped out of bed immediately awake and started running to find B-man, my dad was waking up in a startle etc. Then B-man came on again. Not having gotten a response.
"Emergency! Emergency! My parents are missing!"

When my mom made it to the kitchen she found B-man AND J. B-man was standing on a stool to reach the intercom. She told B-man where we were and then reminded him that he could have come into her room. (He certainly wasn't shy about it at other times in our trip. ) When she asked how J was downstairs B-man reported that J had been crying and woke him up, so he picked him up out of the crib, (and obviously that he couldn't find us anywhere...) and then carried him all the way downstairs.



7 comments:

Shoshanah said...

I can't even tell you how hard I'm laughing at this right now!

He must have really learned a lot at that 'Safety Camp'. He knows how to alert EVERYONE of an emergency!

I miss him so much!

elnaclark said...

I am laughing hard too - and I have heard and told the story several times. Thanks for writing it out. Priceless!!

Diane said...

Still funny!

anne said...

How did I miss this blog post? That is so funny! How cute that he was taking care of his brother. (in my mind, B and Mary are the same age- I have to remind myself that he's 2 years older.)

B said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

t said...

I am hysterically laughing right now. Out loud.

RayRay said...

as am i.