Saturday, August 7, 2010

Triathlon

Remember how I was going to do a triathlon? I even joined a gym, took an adult swim class, and was really training. I had to put that little goal on hold since Baby #3 decided to come.

IMG_1657

M decided that he would do it instead of me. I was really jealous at how quickly M was able to get the swimming down. He didn’t do a lot of training but apparently just enough for the event. For the race each participant had to swim (open ocean) 500m, bike 30k, and run 5k.

IMG_1659

The race was held at a military base, and had a bunch of hover craft parked around that we could look at. The finish line was on one of the hover crafts actually.

IMG_1704 IMG_1705

IMG_1708

This is M just as he was getting ready to finish…

We rented him an awesome bike, and I was praying the whole time that he wouldn’t get a flat. Or anyone else in our family either. Getting a flat would be catastrophe.

IMG_1472

B-man had a great time cheering everyone on. He would even sing a little “Yankee Doodle Dandy” as motivation for them. Not sure where that came from. I cheered with Q and my brother’s cute wife. Eventually the rest of the family met up close to the finish line to watch them finish.

IMG_1776

M finished along with everyone else. I was super impressed with everyone, and more excited and nervous than ever to do it next year.

IMG_1772

P.S. My brother got everyone matching shirts for the race. It was the best thing ever as a spectator because we could see where our people were coming towards us. And the racers loved them because it made them look hard core.

No comments: