Sunday, September 26, 2010

September 26, 2010

September 26, 2010


Dear Family and Friends,


It has been back to reality here. The beach was a fantastic little break, but we had to come back to life eventually. Monday my first thing to do was get J an appointment with the doctor. At the doctor’s office they found a pretty good ear infection, but also wanted to have a lung x-ray taken to rule out pneumonia. The doctor said his lungs sounded clear, but he was breathing pretty fast. We walked over to the radiology place and I was so thankful that we didn’t have to wait long. They hooked J into this little torture contraption that held his arms straight up against him, then wrapped around him so he couldn’t move. All while he was sitting on a sort of bicycle seat. I had to leave the room, but I could hear him screaming the whole time. He was not happy. I left and went home to wait the results. I was pretty skeptical that it would be anything. I figured it would be just another ear infection and he was breathing fast from the fever. (That has happened to him before…) Turns out I was wrong! He did have a little pneumonia in one of his lungs. The doctor called in a prescription for him, and so we did a family trip to Costco before dinner and FHE. I felt like a pretty bad mom. He was way sicker than any of us realized, and he really was being such a good sport. Poor guy. After the boys were in bed I went to a little get together for a friend that was leaving town for a while.


Tuesday was the regular school, etc. I’m trying to get things organized at home before this baby comes too. That afternoon we had a friend and her kids over for dinner. Her husband was gone for a few days. After dinner B-man had soccer. M took him while my friend and I finished chatting and letting our kids play.


Wednesday not much was happening. I did have mutual that night. We had a fantastic lesson on the basics of drawing and water color. The woman that taught the class is an amazing artist and I learned so much even though I was in and out most of the evening helping to watch her kids.


Thursday was a day full of appointments. I went to the doctor for a check-up, (things look fine) and then that afternoon I picked up B-man from school and then we went straight to the doctor’s for J. They checked him out and said he was doing much better. And truly he has been a much better baby since getting on medicine. The doctor and I had a conversation about how hard it was to tell how sick he was from how he was acting. Don’t get me wrong, he had many fussy moments, but he would also have moments where he seemed totally normal except for a fever. Not at all lethargic, etc. We ran a few errands before dinner and then B-man went to soccer again. I went for a few minutes with J, and then came home to get J to bed.

IMG_4392

Friday I have very little memory of. All I can remember is the afternoon. I had to pick up B-man from school again and took him straight to the dentist for more cavities to be filled. We still aren’t done with that fun project… B-man did really great, but he had a complete melt down as we were leaving. He was hungry, and his mouth was numb, and he was not happy. He thought I called the dentist to make him go, not that he had to have cavities filled. He also did not want any of the soft food I was offering as a snack for him. It was an epic melt down, and I was so happy when M got home and he had someone else to try and distract him. We got some good news about M’ job, and celebrated with Thai food. B-man was in a much happier mood when he got some real food in him, and didn’t even mind the spicy food. J just wanted the rice. After dinner I ran to a baby shower for a friend. I only planned to stay a few minutes, but got caught and stayed longer. M and I finished off the evening with some treats and “Lost.”

IMG_4376

Saturday morning the boys were up early. I have had to wake up B-man every single day this week for school, but on Saturday he was up before he needs to be even for school. It is such a mystery. I went to garage sales with a friend, and then ended early so that we could get to B-man’s game. His soccer game was great. He improved a lot from the first game. It also helped that his team scored and won… J was making lots of friends during the game and asking people for their snacks. M and I were mostly cheering and roasting. It has been a HOT, HOT couple of days. After the game we spent the rest of the day working on various projects around the house. Organizing, cleaning, yard things, etc. Later after dinner I went to the broadcast for Relief Society. It was a great meeting. I skipped a get together after so that I could get home and spend some time with M.

IMG_4362 IMG_4364

B-man showing us his suit I found at a garage sale. The second picture shows his true feelings about the photo shoot.


Today has been a good day. First of all we woke up to rain! It is so nice to have a break from the heat. M and I took turns with the meetings. He had one first, and then I drove to the church with the boys, and then he drove them home and then the Young Women’s Presidency met with the Bishopric. When I got home we had lunch, finished getting the boys dressed, and then headed off to church. Church went well, but we are certainly excited for J to go to nursery. After church we eventually made it home and had dinner. We went on a quick walk after we had finished cleaning up, and then got the boys ready for bed. M is at a Stake Priesthood meeting.


We love you all!


R, M, B-man, and J


1 comment:

Diane said...

I love the pictures of your boys (all 3)