Sunday, October 3, 2010

October 3, 2010

October 3, 2010


Dear Family and Friends,


Here’s our week in review… Monday was a rainy day. We did a few errands, and stayed fairly close to home. That night for FHE we decided to do a little family fun and took B-man and J to Chuck E. Cheese’s. It was a fun night. Later that night when the boys were in bed I went shopping at “Home Goods” with a friend. I didn’t get anything, but I got a lot of ideas…


Tuesday started out rainy and then got better. I love the cooler weather we’ve been having! That afternoon B-man had soccer. At the very last minute I decided to go. Then we came home and got the boys to bed. I then went to our book club. We discussed “Mockingjay,” the last book in the hunger games. It was a good discussion, but I left pretty early to be home with M before he left. I feel like I need to soak up all the time I can with him. I know when he gets back our lives are going to be so different and crazy!


Wednesday M took the van to the shop to get a few things replaced. We love our mechanic! They are cheap and honest. It was exciting to have the problems fixed on the van. It was all very weird random things that didn’t affect how the car ran. Like I had no dashboard lights and we couldn’t figure out why. But now I do, and it is wonderful! While the car was being worked on J and I went to the farm. We picked cherry tomatoes and edamame. That night we had mutual. We did a little event with all the young women and their mothers. We played some fun games around the theme of “Family Ties” and had a great time. I left a little early so that I could go visit teach one of my women. We ended up visiting on her porch because she had no carpeting (it was ripped out) and she didn’t want us to see. It worked out better than I thought it would.


Thursday was a very rainy day. Seriously rainy. We stayed fairly close to home. B-man’s soccer practice was cancelled because of all the rain.


Friday was a frantic, but fun day. In the morning a guy came to look at our windows and give us an estimate of what it would cost to fix them. They currently have issues with opening and closing. After he left I waited for a babysitter to come to our house. I was going to go meet M and his office for lunch. I started to get really nervous because she was very late. I didn’t want to pay for a babysitter when I would miss the lunch! Thankfully they were able to push the lunch back enough so that I still felt like it was worth it. It’s always nice to see people from M’ work so that I can put a face to the names that I hear. When M got home we did a few random things. One was that we bought some plants for our front yard. The plants were way overdue, but they weren’t on sale like I thought. I got pizza for dinner for the kids, and then we had a picnic on the front grass while M took out a bush that didn’t survive the snow and heat. It was hard work for a guy that has been fighting a cold all week, but he got the root ball out just as I took the boys in for a bath. After the kids were in bed M packed for his trip. He got everything packed quickly and then we had a few hours before he had to leave. He got a taxi to the airport and was off and away. I was very sad to see him go.


Saturday was a busy day. The boys were both up early and so I took them to garage sales with me. I found some great things, and was sad that I had to cut it short for B-man’s soccer game. The soccer game went really well. Their team was winning by so many that during the third quarter B-man played on the other team as an extra player. (Five on four instead of four on four.) After the game we had the snacks and passed them all out and then tried to get to the car. It was seriously tricky. I don’t know why it was so much easier getting to the field then getting back to the car. But carrying J, the cooler, and my purse just about did me in. I was very sweaty by the time I got people buckled and the car packed up. We then rushed home to watch General Conference.


Once we were home we set up a picnic downstairs and ate sandwiches while trying to get Conference on. It was a little hectic for a minute because the sound wasn’t working, J was freaking out, and I wasn’t sure how to get it all fixed. But we made it through. I watched Conference on the internet while the boys played around me. It was a good system. In between sessions we went to park to enjoy the perfect weather and to get out some wiggles. We then headed back at just the right time to watch the next session. We had another picnic downstairs for dinner.


Today has been a little more relaxing. We had a fun breakfast and spent the morning playing and enjoying not having to go anywhere. This time I fed everyone before the session started so that there would be less crumbs to clean up… After the first session we went on a long walk around the neighborhood. I then got dinner ready to cook the next session started. All I had to do for dinner was turn on the stove and let everything cook. So we could have dinner right after the last session. We also got to video chat with M and some of my family, which made the day extra exciting. Video chat is so great!


We love you all!


R, M, B-man, and J


No comments: