Tuesday, March 8, 2011

March 6, 2011

March 6, 2011


Dear Family and Friends,


We started our week off with a bang by closing on the sale of our home. After getting B-man off to school we did some quick finishing touches on the house and then left and had breakfast together while they did their final walk-through. We then dropped off J with a friend and headed over to sign the papers. Everything went very smoothly and I was happy to see that it was a young couple that was buying our house. I really just want the people to take good care of the house. I shouldn’t care, but I kind of do. After the closing we talked with our realtor for a few minutes and then headed home. M then went to work. The rest of the day was fairly normal. That night at FHE we continued our lessons on the Articles of Faith and discussed/memorized the Third.

IMG_3923

Tuesday was a slow day. I can’t remember much of what was happening. I went to the grocery store etc. Wednesday was also slow. In the evening I ended up going to another auction. I bid on a few items, but ended up leaving early. It was a mad house. They had two auctioneers going at the same time on different items, it was standing room only, and I had poor RM. He was a champ, but if it was sensory overload for me, I knew it would be for him too. So we left, and I decided I don’t really like auctions. I prefer a garage sale where I can name my price and I don’t have to compete with other people. (Plus sit around and wait for the good stuff to be auctioned off after all the junk.)

IMG_3937

Thursday morning a fellow came to give us a quote on repairing some windows. (Long story, but it was supposed to be done by now.) It was obvious to me within minutes that he had no idea what he was doing. I wasn’t surprised when he never called back with his quote. Later that afternoon after M was home, he had a sales guy over to give him a quote on new windows. I hate that type of thing, and M loves it. So when he came I left and went to get some blood tests done. When I got home he was still there, so I just listened in and started working on dinner. The price was too high, but we did get him to come down quite a bit! Never take the first offer.

IMG_3931

B-man’s latest creations…

IMG_3973

Friday was our family party day. We had a repairman come in the morning. He fixed our stove (it sounds like everything is broken, but it isn’t) and then when I tried it two seconds after he went out the door it wasn’t working again. (One of the burners doesn’t light without a match.) I ran after him, but he was already gone, so now we get to have them come back again. What a pain. Hanging out with repairmen is not my favorite thing. That night we had pizza for our family dinner, and then we watched a movie together. I can’t remember what it was.

IMG_3961

I love that B-man can sit and read. He is really getting into books.


Saturday was supposed to be a nice relaxing day, and it was, but ultimately we added a lot of things in at the last minute. We all went to Home Depot for their kid’s classes. M and B-man worked together while I looked at a few things with the smaller boys. After the class we came home and finished our Saturday chores. While doing my usual searches for houses I discovered a new house on the market that was interesting. We piled back in the car and did a drive by to check out the yard. We decided the yard wasn’t a deal killer so we headed back home, and then called our realtor to see if we could get in. I headed off to the gym to go swimming. When I got there I realized there was a class about to start in the pool. I should have just gone home, but I decided to stay and do the class. Sadly the class started very late, and I had only been exercising for less than ten minutes when I heard my phone ringing and M was telling me to come home so we could go look at the house. It wasn’t worth all the effort of getting into a swimsuit and getting wet. Anyway I ran home, changed quickly and then we all headed off to see the house. In our rush I forgot to find places for the kids so they were all with us. Not the best way to look at a house, but we managed okay. We walked through the house, and were able to get a good feel for the house. We really liked it, but there are a few potential problems we need to consider. We then had a few hours of relaxing and fun. (Or obsessing about homes.) Around four we got a call from a friend that was in DC. After a little debate about whether M IMG_3955should go alone, or if we should all go we decided to all go together so that we could discuss things in the car. The drive in was very lovely, and we found perfect parking and met up with our friend quite easily. It was very smooth. We then headed over to the DC hot spot of “Ben’s Chili Bowl.” It was crowded and loud, but we made it work. We eventually had to leave because the kids were getting stir crazy. We got home and everyone went straight to bed. We were sad to not have more time with our friend.

IMG_3946

Sunday was a good day. J stayed in nursery, and RM was a happy clam for me. After church we had a very quiet afternoon. We had a super early dinner so that M could get on the road on time. He had to go to some training. We managed to fill the evening with nature videos on YouTube and playing in the basement.


We love you all!

The C Crew


No comments: