Sunday, February 27, 2011

February 27, 2011

February 27, 2011


Dear Family and Friends,


I will try my best to remember the week. I really am losing my mind sometimes I think. Monday was President’s Day. B-man and M were both home. We didn’t do too much to celebrate. Just enjoyed a day with nothing to do. I had a doctor’s appointment and then later we all went to Costco together. That night we had a patriotic lesson for FHE.


Tuesday we had a bit of a snow storm, and so B-man had a snow day from school. He was thrilled. We enjoyed a nice lazy day without much to do. I watched the kids of a friend so she could run an errand.

IMG_3826-1

Wednesday we were back to the routine. I made it to the grocery store to finish our shopping for the week. That night B-man came with me to play basketball. After getting home I had just enough time to clean up and get the kids into bed before heading back out to go to book club. We discussed The Road and had a great night with a good amount of women there.


Thursday was a fairly slow day. I watched a little girl in the afternoon. J loves having friends over, and it really helps the time to go a little faster when people come over for short little bits. I can’t remember anything else.

IMG_3850

(Look really closely and you can see J having fun with RM.)

Friday was another fairly normal day. We had leftovers for dinner (love that) and then for our family party we watched “Cloudy with a Chance for Meatballs.” I slept a little, the boys liked it, but B-man did get freaked out towards the end. He is such a complicated six year old.

IMG_3857 IMG_3872

Saturday was a busy day. We started off with a basketball game for me. The game didn’t start so well. We were missing our only experienced ball handler. At the end of the first quarter we were down at least 0-12. But, we started clawing our way back! We ended up going into overtime, and we won! We only five players (so no subs) so we were all tired and beat up, but it was a good game. I got out a lot of stress… We then came home and started doing our Saturday work. We were prepping the house for a final walkthrough before closing and so we did a bunch of deep cleaning. Floors, bathrooms, etc. B-man is great and cleans the sink and counters in his bathroom all on his own. We finished our jobs and then I ran a few errands, and then traded with M who went to watch the end of the BYU vs. SDSU basketball game. We love a win for BYU! After the game we spent the rest of the evening feeding the boys and getting ready for a date. Right after putting the boys to bed (except B-man, he got to stay up a little later) we headed out for our first night out with no children in a long time! It felt very good to have a date. Our realtors threw a party for clients and contacts to say thanks, and it was a lot of fun. Great food, and some of our friends from our ward were there so we were ensured a great evening.

IMG_3877

Sunday morning M headed off to meetings and I got the boys ready for church. Once he got home I hurried to get ready, but lost track of time. We barely made it to church on time, which felt a little like we were late. M helped to bless the Sacrament, and for those twenty minutes I thought I was going to die. J was a crazy monkey all over the place, RM woke up and needed to be held, and I was not sure what to do. I stood up at one point to take J out (he has a VERY loud voice) and then realized that I was going to be making more of a disturbance leaving than staying so I just sat down again. Eventually the time passed and M was able to come help me. When I finally left to go feed RM I was sitting in the mothers lounge enjoying the quiet. I had completely forgotten to turn on the speaker so I could listen. Thankfully another mother came in and turned it on. After church we were thrilled to have gorgeous weather. Poor B-man really wanted to be running around the neighborhood with his friends. Instead he had to sit on the porch steps and chat when then came running around. I made dinner, and had a slight problem with the roast. My thermometer was off and so when it came out of the oven (and the rest of dinner was ready) it was not quite ready. We went ahead and ate everything else. Then after the boys were in bed M cut the roast and we had a few slices. It was delicious, just a little late. After the boys were in bed we went around and tried to get the house as close to ready as we could for the final walk through before closing on Monday.

IMG_3897

We love you all!

The C Crew


1 comment:

Diane said...

The only way I remember my week is by looking at my calendar and list of things to do. Otherwise I can't even remember what I had for my last meal.

Unless it was chocolate.