Sunday, March 4, 2012

March 4, 2012


March 4, 2012

Dear Family and Friends,

Monday morning we got the week off to a running start by taking both of the boys in to the doctor.  J to make sure his ears were clear (they were) and RM for his well baby check-up.  I had to rehearse several times with J that RM was getting shots, but not J.  The doctor was only going to look in his ears, and no shots.  It helped the appointment go much smoother because he knew exactly what to expect.  Turned out that RM had a nasty ear infection (he had no symptoms other than pulling on his ear) and so no shots for him.  That slightly distressed J for a minute since we were diverging from the plan.  Thankfully he recovered.  After the doctor we went straight to Costco for the prescription and groceries.  Then home for lunch and naps.  That night we had FHE.  We talked about the story of Jesus calling His apostles to the ministry.

Tuesday was a slow day.  That night we went to dinner at the Palmer’s some friends.  We were all without our husbands for various reasons so we decided to eat together.  It was nice to have some adult conversation.  I talked her ear off and realized later it was probably because I have been talking to children all day for several days.  B-man got picked up from their house for basketball, and we made it back home just minutes before he got back from practice.  It worked out very well.
J always chews the corner of his blanket.  Is that normal?

Wednesday was super rainy.  I took the little boys to the library for story time.  They had a blast.  I think I will try to make it more of a regular thing when they are healthy.  I was supposed to have a piano delivered that day, but because of all the rain it got pushed back a day.  I was actually happy about that.

For a while RM really like two pacifiers.  One for the mouth, and one for the hands.

Thursday was a busy morning.  I started bread, ran to the grocery store, and then when I got back home I realized that I had forgotten about lunch at the Palmers.  (J calls it the Palmer House.)  So we ran over for a yummy lunch with friends.  Then we ran back home so that I could get the boys in bed before the piano arrived.  The piano arrived and was in the house in less than five minutes.  I thought it would take a lot longer, but they were fast.  I’m still trying to figure out if the piano is in the final spot I want it.  I sure am excited to have a piano.  Now if I could get some music, and some time without the boys trying to do a duet with me…  So far the boys love the piano, and they fight to play it.  M’ comment was “Hopefully they will always fight over who gets to practice first…”  We can hope right?  The rest of the day was filled with homework, playing, and trying to make it through the day. 

Friday is a bit of a blur.  I can’t remember much.  The weather was really nice so we went to the park after school.  On the way home I had RM on my shoulders.  When I went to open the door he flung his body backwards.  I then did some sort of maneuver to try to keep him from slamming his head on the concrete.  It was not pretty, and it was very scary, but I saved his head from the pavement.  I did manage to hurt my neck in the process, but that’s better than the alternative.  The rest of the day I took it pretty easy because I was so sore.   That night we had pizza and watched “Dinosaur Train” for our family party.

Saturday morning was nice and relaxed.  We did eventually get organized and went to the baptism of Connelly Ware, the son of a friend of ours.  The meeting was packed, and I was ill prepared for my little group of ruffians.  But B-man did great, and is getting excited for his own baptism later this year.  So I guess the craziness was worth it.  We rushed home after the baptism to eat lunch and get the boys in bed.  A babysitter got dropped off, and then I took B-man to his basketball game while she stayed with the sleeping boys.  B-man’s game was very exciting.  He played so hard and they ended up tied at the end of the game.  The other team was coached by his soccer coach, and rumor has it that they had not lost a game yet.  After getting that babysitter home we played at the park and then came home for a simple dinner.  That night I worked on a project before heading to bed.

Today has been a crazy day.  We made it to church on time, and then things started to disintegrate.  I had debated about even going because all of us are fighting colds in various stages.   But it’s really hard to find someone to do my calling at the last minute.  I decided just to go for it…  J and RM were both having off days.  They both need pretty much constant attention during church, and sadly I can’t offer that by myself.  Then to make it worse the meeting went LONG!  It was a painful last ten minutes…  You know it was a bad day when like four people see if they can help you somehow after the meeting is over.  Oh well, I think we’ll have someone to sit with us next week, so that will be great.  Primary went well, and thankfully I had people willing to help with RM while I did singing time.  After church we have just been trying to make it through the day with our sanity.  The boys haven’t been sleeping well, and we are all just tired.  But we made it, we had a great visit with M, and everybody ate their dinner.  So the day ended well.

We love you all!
The C Crew

No comments: