Sunday, February 26, 2012

February 26, 2012


February 26th, 2012

Dear Family and Friends,

Honestly this week has been a bit of a blur…  Without all the festivities it is a lot harder to remember what happened.  And let’s face it, nothing super important happened either.  Monday was President’s Day.  M and B-man had the day off.  We decided to head out to Winchester to visit our favorite things.  A children’s museum, Sharp Shoppers (a super cheap grocery store… it’s so much fun), and Sonic.  We hit them all in that order and managed to land ourselves at Sonic during happy hour.  M really loves their fresh fruit slushes.  That night for FHE we did a quick lesson.  The boys were super crazy, so it had to be fast.

Tuesday and Wednesday were both pretty slow.  Tuesday night M had mutual.  They started learning the dance routines for a big gala that the youth will be doing this year.  M is trying to have a good attitude learning the dances so that the young men will have less to complain about. Wednesday night one of M’ friends from work came over to show us his new car and borrow something from M.  He ended up staying taking all the boys for a drive in his fun new car, (some sort of Mercedes) and then staying through dinner and the rest of the evening.  The weather was nice enough that he threw the football around with B-man and M in the evening while I was working on dinner. 

Thursday M came home early from work, and then a good friend watched J and RM for us while we signed papers to refinance our house.  Rates are so good right now that it made sense for us to do it.  It will be great to have a lower payment on our house every month.  The paper signing went super fast and we were done in about thirty minutes.  We made it home just after B-man got home from school.  The rest of the afternoon M finished up packing for a trip.  We then drove him to the airport.  Poor J kept asking if he was coming with M, and telling him that he wanted to go on the airplane too.  It’s a hard age for a child to understand why their dad is going away, and they can’t come with too.  Dropping M off at the airport went really smoothly, and then we came home and had dinner.  Making dinner will be no fun while he is away…  M will be gone for a few weeks, and will be traveling to several different countries in the Middle East.  He is first going to Saudi Arabia.  He assures me it sounds more exotic than it actually is.

Friday was a normal day.  We got pizza from Costco for dinner and then watched a few episodes of “Diego” for our family party.  That night I worked on a few projects that really needed to get done.
Saturday was a super busy day.  I found out late on Friday that we had a basketball game.  I had a great friend that was willing to watch the boys for our 8:00 am game.  I dropped the boys off and then ran to the church.  The game was very fun.  We won by a lot.  We were tied for the first two minutes are so, and then we realized what we needed to do.  We changed to a man defense and then immediately started winning.  As soon as the game was over I rushed back to get the boys.  We had a little time to relax before we needed to go to B-man’s game.  I got a babysitter for J and RM because it would have been impossible for me to watch B-man and also make sure the boys were not running all over to court.  Plus the game was during their nap time.  I ended up running late between getting the babysitter, and picking up another player, but luckily they made it with at least one minute to spare.  The game was fun to watch.  Both teams had some excellent players on them.  After the game we had the rest of the afternoon to relax and play.  That evening I got another sitter for the adult session of Stake Conference.  I was happy that I was able to go.  I have always loved the Saturday night sessions.  (Probably because I am not wrestling with children.)

Today has been another crazy day.  The morning was great, because of Stake Conference I had an extra hour to make sure we were ready to go.  I must admit the prospect of a two hour meeting with my children and no M was a little daunting.  I had determined in my mind that if it got crazy and I had to leave with J or RM that we would just all leave and go home.  The conference was actually a broadcast from Salt Lake, and had excellent speakers.  We did pretty well until the first hour, and then we had a crazy twenty minutes.  I had to let things like children in the aisles slide.  We were in the gym so it seemed okay somehow.  After the rest hymn we were able to settle everyone down again for a few minutes.  The last speaker was Elder Scott.  He was giving an amazing talk.  I wish I could have taken notes, but that would have been impossible.  We really were kind of a spectacle.  I somehow managed to seat our family right next to the light switches, and we had a few close calls.  I was so grateful that I caught J every time his hand was slowly creeping towards those tempting switches.  The last ten minutes of Elder Scott’s talk RM decided he was done.  I slipped out into the hall, and decided to stay and try to catch the last of his talk.  It was hard to listen, J kept coming in and out, plus people talk in the halls, but I got more than I would have at home.  I consider it a moral victory that I made it to the end.  Actually I think I got lots of blessings as the kids did much better than I had anticipated.  We left immediately and ate a quick lunch at home.  Then I packed the kids up and drove to Rockville, MD to look at a piano.  I’ve been looking for a while for one for our home.  The piano looked great, and I am just trying to decide if I want to spend the money now on the piano.  The guy that was selling it had a yellow lab.  J was terror stricken and crying every time he came close, and RM was trying to crawl out of my arms to get to the dog.  Add to that little scene the fact that the house was full of breakable things and you can imagine that I was not spending any extra time in the house.  I left without a commitment.  I decided I needed to consult with at least M on this purchase.  Once home we went on a little walk outside to get some energy out, and then we were able to video chat with M and my parents.  It was good way to kill the afternoon.  We then had dinner, played “Go Fish” and it was time for bed.  The little boys were really ready since their naps had been shortened by our piano adventure.

We love you all!

The C Crew

No comments: