Sunday, August 9, 2009

August 9, 2009


August 9, 2009

Dear Family and Friends,

I have to work fast. There is only so much time I have without feeding a baby or chasing after B-man. Needless to say we miss M for a whole host of reasons... This last week has been busy. The first two days I spent packing, cleaning, and taking either me or B-man to the doctor. Tuesday B-man had two play dates, and I still couldn't get everything done. Having two kids makes going on a trip a lot harder. It's not necessarily the packing, it is the time you lose helping the second child. I was completely exhausted by Tuesday night.

Wednesday morning I tied up as many of the loose ends as I could. On the way to the airport I dropped off the last of the registration papers for B-man and found out that there was going to be space for him at our local school. Then Q took us to the airport. Everything went really smoothly checking in and getting to our gate. The only bump was that J cried the whole time we were in the security line, and we had to walk a very long way through the airport. I was so hot and sweaty by the time we got to our gate. I had just barely enough time to get our food and then we walked right on the plane. The plane ride went really well despite the fact that every seat was taken so J had to be on my lap. I think a six week old is the perfect age to travel with. They just sleep and eat and don't care if they are able to move around or not. We had one quick layover in Las Vegas, and then another flight to San Diego. The only problem was that I couldn't find the pacifier. I thought I had forgotten it, but then I found it buried in the diaper bag a few days later. Oh well. Good thing I can nurse a fussy baby. Getting home took a lot longer than it should have because two of our bags didn't make the connection, but we stayed for the next flight in and they made it on. Poor J wasn't happy about the wait. Driving with a six week old is not as easy as flying...

The rest of the week has flown by. B-man loves being here. His aunts are spoiling him and taking him to the beach or the pool almost every day. J refuses to sleep unless he is being held, something that is becoming more and more annoying. Saturday we did shake things up by going to watch my brother compete in a "sprint" triathlon. He did great and it has inspired a lot of us to try it as well.

Sunday we celebrated Primero's birthday. He and his family came down and we had a delicious dinner with homemade ice cream and cake for dessert. B-man had so much fun with his boys. They were like a pack of wolves running around, but it was great to see how much fun they had.

M is doing well too. He is surviving all his awful flight plans and being away.

We love you all!
R, M, B-man, and J


No comments: