Sunday, August 2, 2009

August 2, 2009

August 2, 2009


Dear Family and Friends,


It hardly seems possible that we have left July behind and are into August. Where has the time gone to? It just doesn’t seem possible to be so far into the year. This has been a pretty quiet week. It has been very busy at home, but in boring ways. Like trying to get my home cleaned up and in order. Actually most of the week is a blur. I can’t remember much at all about anything.


M spent a lot of time working on getting his new car registered and the old car cleaned and ready to sell. Monday night our FHE was washing and vacuuming the old car. Q was much more helpful than B-man or me. I just sat on the stairs and B-man was playing with his friends.

IMG_0791IMG_0847

Wednesday I went to the farm with J and B-man. It was my first solo trip. J cried the entire way to the farm, but once we were at the farm he was perfect. He did great. We met up with a friend at the farm, and since the weather was so beautiful we stayed longer than we have in a while. We picked peaches, blackberries, and green beans. B-man came home a filthy mess. I threw him in the shower really fast and then he went to the park with one of his friends. He had a very fun day.

IMG_0769

Thursday I was out of commission. I woke up not feeling great, and wanting to avoid it getting any more serious I took it very easy. Luckily Q was with us. She was such a great help. She took B-man to the park and made sure that he was entertained while I rested. All of the rest was really helpful. In the morning I could barely walk to the bathroom, but by dinner that night I could get up and be helpful. I was so relived to be feeling better. I did not want to be sick the rest of the week.


Friday a friend was really nice and took B-man to a lake with a nice sandy beach that is about an hour away. Our ward was having a little play date, and so there was a group going up. I didn’t feel up to going myself, but she kindly offered to take B-man. He had a great time, and came back very happy a little after lunch. I was able to get a few boring errands done while he was away. That night we had that same friend over for dinner. It was a very low key dinner since it was our first entertaining of others with two children. That really can throw off the timing of a meal.

IMG_0812

Saturday was a very busy and exhausting day. We started off and by going to breakfast as a family. Then we drove to the temple with the kids to attend a sealing. We got to the temple early enough so that I could feed J before going in. Our babysitter came with her parents who were also attending the sealing. The sealing was for a couple in our ward. I worked with the woman in the Primary presidency, and their daughter is in my Beehives class. We waited a very long time in the temple before even getting into a room, but the wait was worth it. The sealing was so wonderful and sweet. Being able to see a child sealed to their parents is such a sweet experience. After the sealing was over we ran out to make sure that the kids were okay. Besides a blow-out diaper the boys did great. We drove home, and then went to a little party at the home of the family who was sealed. On the way home we stopped to get B-man a back-pack for school. It took him all of about thirty seconds to decide that he wanted a camouflage one. He loves his new backpack and has been carrying it around empty in the house sporadically since then. The rest of the day we spent working on trying to get things ready for M to go on a trip. There were lots of little things that kept getting in the way. He was out mowing the grass in the dark, but it just had to be done. We also managed to sell our old car. That car was our first car we bought when we were married. It was my job to find a car since M was off working, and it nearly gave me a nervous breakdown to be in charge of such a big decision. I wasn’t able to choose until M got back. When we bought the car it had about 48,000 miles, and now it has 156,000! It has been a great car, but we knew it wouldn’t last forever, and M thought some a/c might be nice. His “new” car is a 2006 Taurus with only 16k miles on it. Hopefully it will last a very long time. M spent the night packing while I finished a little laundry that he needed. He had a taxi come and pick him up a little after 4:00 am.


Today has been a crazy day. The morning was slightly hectic. J was being fussy for some strange reason and it’s hard to get things done when that is the case. Q came and held him at the end so that I could get everything organized and make it to church on time. After church we came home for a few minutes before going to a friend’s house for dinner. They were so kind and let me bring Q and her friend Amy at the last minute. The dinner was great. There were five boys there, and they were all busy and having fun.

IMG_0863

We hope that you are all well. We love you!


R, M, B-man, and J


2 comments:

Laura said...

oh, that last picture is so great. makes me want another baby! don't tell loren i said that.

anne said...

I love that last picture. Sometimes he looks like "B-man" to me, and sometimes he didn't. They seem to be similar in size and shape, but not exactly the same face. So cute!

P.S. I was glad to see you spending some days this week taking it easy and sitting some things out. Sometimes your "up and atem" attitude makes me feel like a real slug for sitting on the couch for six weeks after Sammy was born.