Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Swim, Bike, Run



I have been 30 for one week. Growing up I thought 30 seemed old. Now I realize how foolish I was to think that. The truth is that I still feel like I am in my early twenties. The only time I get freaked out is when I hear that the freshman class for BYU this year was born in 1992. That is insane.

IMG_2635

Here I am on my birthday thinking I was about to go on a date with my hubby.

I am choosing to embrace this new decade of life. I have lots more wrinkles and gray hairs than I thought I would, but I also have a house full of people that love me and that I love too. I also have a goal. (This is all inspired by my brother the wolf.) I am going to do a sprint triathlon in August. It is at Camp Pendleton in San Diego, and it will be a 500 yard swim (open ocean!), 30k bike ride, and a 5k run. All of that is scary to me, but I figure that is a good thing.


Anyone want to join me?


6 comments:

Diane said...

I'll join you in my imagination. Talk to Laura about ocean swims. I'm sure she can give you some good hints.

Good for you for taking this on.

And, you look better than ever!

emi. said...

you know i'm in!

Lana said...

I'd love to join you, but I can't imagine being fit enough to do that by August...

B said...

That is an AWESOME goal, R! Congrats! I can't WAIT to see pics! I might even join you if it wasn't for that whole on-the-other-side-of-the-continent part. =) Happy Birthday, R. 30 is rad!

Laura said...

i'm so excited for you! it's going to be so much fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shoshanah said...

I'd rather die, but you go girl.

And p.s. you look h-o-t-t hot!