Tuesday, March 2, 2010

February 28, 2010

February 28, 2010


Dear Family and Friends,


This has been another busy week. The topic of conversation for the week has been the upcoming ward boundary changes that will be announced next week. M felt like he figured them out pretty soon in the week. M and I feel like we have done a lot of "passing" in the night. We have done a lot of celebrating my birthday this week too. Monday I ran some errands, and then that night we celebrated and had Family Home Evening by going out to dinner. We used my birthday coupon for a free burger at Red Robin. The dinner was great, but we have discovered that J has entered that lovely stage that makes eating at a restaurant painful for the other patrons. He has a shriek on him, and it is not pleasant. We didn't bring enough food for him, but we just ate quickly and then left.


Tuesday was a slower day. I ran a few more errands, and then that evening I had my swimming class. I am taking the class with a friend of mine. We usually stay after for a few minutes and swim more to get some exercise. I am not sure what I did wrong, but I suddenly started feeling very nauseated and dizzy. I think I was swallowing too much water or air. For the next two hours I felt really sick. Thankfully it started to pass later that night, and I was able to sleep it off.

IMG_2690

Wednesday was another busy day. I worked on several organizing projects this week. It has felt good to get some things crossed off my list, and to clear out some space in the house. That night I went to a baby shower for a woman in the ward. I meant to only stay for a few minutes, but I ended up staying longer than anticipated. It was a fun party though.


Thursday was another busy day. The days have all sped by very quickly. I made some sugar cookies and frosted them for some of our families that we visit teach or home teach. I also went and visited with one of my friends in her home before delivering the cookies to our families. Later that night I went to swim class. I was very happy that I didn't end the class feeling sick. Instead of staying after to swim extra we left and rinsed off before heading to book club. We discussed The Help. The book is fantastic, and I highly recommend it to anyone that hasn't read it yet. After a lively book club discussion we headed home. The wind that evening and through the night was very fast. If it has been snowing we would have had a blizzard. I was happy that we didn't get any snow, but just wind with the storm.

IMG_2684

Friday was another busy day. M was home later than normal in the morning. It was great to have him home. Most of the day was pretty slow. Then in the afternoon M came home and took the boys so that I could go get my haircut. My sisters had all chipped in so that I could get a haircut from someone that knows about curls. I LOVE getting my haircut. Getting my hair washed is my favorite part. It was a really nice salon, and the women working on me were very nice. I really needed a haircut and was so happy to get it done. After the hair cut I checked out a store nearby before heading back home. That night we had pizza for our family dinner, and then I made a cranberry upside down cake so that the boys could make me wishes... It was a great night. B-man wished that I would have a hundred more babies. I don't know about a hundred, but one would be nice! (He's so funny, I've never even mentioned to him about our baby "issues.") That night M went to a guy’s night out. There are a few guys that he and his friends are really trying to get to come to church, so they are hoping that these nights will help.


Saturday was busy too, but we did get to see each other a little. M and B-man left first to help one of our friends move. Seriously all of our friends have moved in the last six months. It is kind of crazy. I went to help do the book at our stake basketball game, but they had enough people so I went home. I then met M to get B-man. He then went shooting with a family friend at a nearby gun range. While he was gone I took the boys to a baptism for a boy in our ward. Baptisms are so wonderful; they have such a sweet spirit there. It was wonderful! Eventually we were all home together that afternoon. It was wonderful to have some time together. While we were together a friend brought over a cake that she had made for my birthday. We had been talking about what moms do for their birthdays with the cake. It was a beautiful delicious cake. We put candles in it and had some more fun with it. That night (there was something every night this week!) I went to the Stake Relief Society meeting. It was a wonderful meeting. I got really inspired to use my time better, and to remember the influence that just one woman can have. Sometimes I forget. We have a general authority living in our stake boundaries, and he shared the story of his grandmother. She was raised as a member in rural Minnesota. There was no organized church there, but maybe a few times a year the missionaries would come and give them the sacrament. His grandmother married a man and then had six children. Her husband was not a member, but using only a hymnal and a copy of the Book of Mormon; she raised her children and taught them the Gospel. Eventually five of the six children were married in the temple, and now one of her children is a general authority. What an inspiring woman. What would become of my children if they didn't have Primary? It was a good reminder that I (M too) am the one in charge of gospel instruction, but in a good inspiring way. Not in an overwhelming way. I'm going to try and do more. After the meeting I went to the home of a woman in our ward for hot chocolate with other women from the ward. We are all mourning the loss of our ward. It has been a great ward. Hopefully our one great ward will turn into three wonderful wards.

IMG_2641

Today was the big meeting. We went to the chapel early so that M could help direct traffic. Even trying to be there early we didn't get the "comfy" seats. The meeting went really well, we had the Sacrament and then the changes were announced via video up-link from the Stake. It went really well, and for our family there were no surprises. Nothing much is going to change for us. We are in the same ward, same bishop, and the same callings. There's a chance mine could change, but M will keep his for sure. We stayed after and helped clean up the chairs while visiting with others. After church we had lunch and enjoyed being at home. For dinner we were invited to our friends' house. They were also feeding the missionaries. It was a great dinner, and we were excited to be able to watch the Olympic hockey gold medal game. It was a very exciting game! We came home and put the boys to bed.


We love you all!

R, M, B-man, and J


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, you don't know me at all...I found your blog through 'she just smiled' and I wanted to make one little comment.

I suffer from vertigo...sometimes really badly...and it seems it usually kicks in when my ears are plugged.

Maybe it wasn't the water/air from swimming that got you dizzy and nauseated but just having water in your ears.

I bought ear plugs for swimming and I think they work to stop those awful sypmtoms.

Anyway...I hope it doesn't happen again...nothing much worse than that.

Have a good afternoon!

anne said...

I love the picture of you blowing out candles. You have such a fun busy life- I love hearing about it! I hope to see you soon.

emi. said...

The picture of you blowing out the candles is gorgeous. One of my very favorites ever.

emi. said...

Also i love the hundred-baby wish. Bless that blessed child.

Lana said...

I am so glad you watched the Olympic Gold Medal hockey game. It was amazing and I stayed up till the middle of the night to see it live. It was well worth it too!
Love from,
Your Canadian friend