Sunday, January 11, 2009

January 11, 2009

The highlight of the day on Monday was me going to the dentist to get a cavity filled. I guess if you start the week off with a visit to the dentist for a filling it can only get better. I asked a bunch of questions about how I could have avoided the cavity, and ended up with a “nothing.” Although reassuring it really is frustrating to not be able to prevent cavities. That night after the feeling came back to my mouth we had a dinner and then for FHE we had a lesson on an article from “The Friend”.

Tuesday was a quiet day. In the morning we went to a planning meeting for the preschool that we have been doing for the school year. We got a lot accomplished while the kids were busy playing. The rest of the day we didn’t do much besides work around the house and play together. Wednesday B-man really wanted to have a friend over, so we called a friend, but in the end he went over to his house. He was still very happy about it. That evening after dinner B-man and I went to the church for basketball practice. B-man kept telling me how much he loved me for taking him to the church. I think he was a little desperate for some time to run around like a crazy man. After the practice Matthias came and took B-man back home while I stayed for mutual. We had all the young women together and worked on a personal progress.

Thursday morning B-man and I got up and going. We were able to make it on time to a speech screening that had been recommended by his pediatrician. As we were checking in I was reminded about several papers (like a birth certificate) that I had completely forgotten. So once B-manwent in for the evaluation I drove home, got the papers, and then came right back. In the end they said that B-man is fine for his age group. He is missing some sounds, but apparently that is age appropriate. They did give me some ideas of things I could do at home to help him. They also talked a lot about his “character” voice and how it made it harder to understand (he’s a sound affects man) and how great he is at imaginative play. Not a surprise to me, since I am usually the one he eventually gets to be a part of his imaginative world. When we were done we then went to a friend’s house for lunch. It’s always a great way for the kids to play and the adults to be able to visit with each other. After lunch we made it back home, and enjoyed some quiet time.

Friday we had a very quiet morning, and afternoon. That evening we had our first date night with our old babysitting co-op. After dropping off B-man we went to the Palmer’s (some friends from our ward) and had dinner and then played Scrabble. We hadn’t played in a long time, and it was fun to play again. I especially enjoyed it since I won…

Saturday morning we were up and going early. I went to the basketball game. I wasn’t feeling great, so I didn’t play, but I was a great cheerleader/coach. This is the toughest team in the stake, (huge post players) and we only lost by about four points, so we are hopeful for another good season. After the game B-man and I took advantage of an Eagle project going on at the Stake Center and got an id card for B-man. He loves it and asks to look at it all the time since I got it. I also helped coach the young women. There is only one person that has played any basketball before, so there are a lot of things that they need to learn, but we actually won! They came back from ten points behind (which is the equivalent of thirty in a real game) and won by one point. They were all so excited. We had ten girls come and hopefully we will be able to keep the excitement going. After a long morning at the church B-man and I went back home to be with M and eat some lunch. We had a very relaxing Saturday. We worked around the house a little, and just enjoyed being lazy. That evening B-man and I drove a carload of girls to a stake activity. We then came home and had dinner and then watched a short kid’s movie with B-man before he went to bed. I enjoyed dreaming about the spring and summer while perusing the perennial catalog that had come in the mail. After B-man was in bed M and I watched “What Happens in Vegas”. We thought there were some very funny moments, and it did have a good message about marriage.

Today has been a great day. I spent the morning finishing the details on my lesson and B-man got to play with M all morning. Sacrament meeting went really well with B-man, although he was loudly whispering his concern over not being able to find one of his Primary teachers. I think he has also learned the “I need to go to the bathroom!” trick as a way to escape for a few minutes. I was a little nervous for my lesson, but the girls were really quiet (almost too quiet) and I got through everything that I wanted. I guess I’ll be getting a lot of practice with teaching in the coming months! After church we had a tasty dinner and then a quiet evening.

We hope that you all are well. We are so grateful for such wonderful friends and family!

1 comment:

emi. said...

whoo whoo!!

i'm so excited!