Thursday, January 15, 2009

Secret Love


I have a secret love. I try to keep it under wraps for a multitude of reasons. Adults aren't supposed to love these chips. I have a weakness for all chips, but if I have a choice I always grab these first. The other day I was grocery shopping, and really wanted to buy some Cheetos. (I haven't had any for a VERY long time.) I never buy junk food at the grocery store because I eat them all and it is not great for the proverbial waistline. So I resisted, and passed them by. Then the other night at Young Women's they had delicious treats. We had chocolate chip cookies, but the Mia Maids, well they had Cheetos, and Hot Tamales! For the entire hour I was very strong. I felt myself sneaking a glance at the snacks every couple of minutes, and I seriously almost ate some off an abandoned plate. But I stayed strong. A wise woman once told me that Cheetos (and Doritos) for that matter are dangerous. Once you eat the first one, you are done for and you might as well eat as many as you want. There is no such thing as self control with those snacks once you have had one. It's so true. I feel like an alcoholic-- only my problem is cheesy chips. The kind that makes your fingers bright orange, and your breath smell awful. Why are they so tasty? I feel like an eight year old kid, but they are so good. In the end, I broke down and ate the Cheetos. And hot tamales for that matter. And I didn't just have one, although I did only eat the lonely ones left in the bowl, and did not break into the bag that was very nearby. Unfortunately like an alcoholic, now I can't stop thinking about when I am going to get my next "fix" of Cheetos. I think I may need help!

3 comments:

Diane said...

I do not believe this. I thought I was the only one with this problem. Last week when my sister was here she bought one of those combo boxes of chips for their lunches while they were skiing. Each day I would look in the box, and say to myself: hmm, I don't think she'll notice if just one bag of Cheetos is gone... until I ate all 8 of the bags!!! When I do let myself buy them at the store, I buy a small bag or I would eat the whole thing all by myself. It's my only "chip" vice. I think I need help...

anne said...

When I got pregnant, I thought to myself "now I have an excuse to buy Nacho Cheese Doritos. Well, only one week and two bags later, I decided to go back to my "no Doritos under any circumstances" policy. It's the only way.

emi. said...

You know how i love cheetos too!