Monday, March 8, 2010

March 7, 2010

March 7, 2010


Dear Family and Friends,


I was a little nervous about the week at the beginning, because M was going to be out of town all week. Monday was a good day. We did a little shopping and then for FHE that night we memorized the Second Article of Faith by learning the song. B-man thought it was fun.


Tuesday we did a little more shopping. We have tried to stay really busy in the afternoons. If we have something to do when M is normally home then we won’t be as sad that he’s not with us. That night after a lot of frantic searching I had a babysitter come over so that I could go to New Beginnings for mutual. It was the last hurrah with our old ward, and I was slightly pressured into going. I had a very hard time finding a babysitter though. I ended up using the younger sister of a woman in our ward. She lives in a neighboring ward and was old enough to drive. It worked out perfectly. New Beginnings went well, and I think the girls all had a happy last party together.


Wednesday was a boring day, I can’t remember much about it. I did go in and help in Benjamin’s class. They were having a 100th day of school party. I always love working in his class. Thursday was another slow day. We were all excited that M was almost home. That night I had the same babysitter come back so that I could go to my swim class. She did a great job with the boys, and I was so happy to not have to drive her home at the end of the night. Being a single mom and having to always worry about that stuff would be a nightmare. My swim class went really well, but it can be very daunting. I am still not a good enough swimmer to do more than one length of the pool at a time. But I have noticed that I am getting better, it is just going to be a longer process than I originally thought.

IMG_2700

My other project this week has been to get J sleeping twelve hours at night. I guess to be more correct it would be to go twelve hours between feedings at night. At the beginning of the week it was painful, but suddenly towards the end of the week he made major progress. We have had three days in a row (at least) of twelve hours between feedings. Hopefully soon he will stop waking up at 5:30 thinking it is time to eat. J has also gotten much better at crawling. He has a very effective army crawl that is taking him all sorts of places. It is making him very happy, and so far he isn’t into too many things. Although I can already tell that the pantry is going to be a favorite spot of his.

IMG_2694

Friday afternoon M got home from his training. It was so great to have him home. That night we stuck close to home. For our family party we had a dance party in the basement. That was B-man’s suggestion and he was very specific about the music that he wanted to listen to.

IMG_2695

Saturday was an interesting day. The morning was pretty relaxed. M and B-man went to the Home Depot clinic. They built a funny little rain gauge. That afternoon we ran a few errands but mostly stayed close to home. We got some sad news in the afternoon. As B-man and I left for his soccer class M left to go to the temple. It was the Stake Temple night, and they have a special meeting in the temple. Before the meeting he did some Sealings and then after he came home. I went over to a friend’s house for dinner so that I wouldn’t have to be alone again. They have four month old twins, and yet it was me that got the help during the meal. J is quite a screamer when I don’t feed him fast enough. How do you fix that? He kept screaming, and then scaring their girls. M got home much earlier than I thought, and actually beat me home. Once home we hurried to get the boys in bed, and then spent the evening together.


Today was exciting; it was the first day with our new ward. M met in the morning with the EQP from the other ward to get helpful information on the new families. Church went really well. We had a great testimony meeting, and then after there was a chance for the families to mingle and get to know each other. It started out a little forced, but pretty soon everyone relaxed and was able to warm up to each other. It was a great way to start off the ward. After church we hurried to get dinner ready for us and some friends. Somehow everything came together despite being home an hour later than we thought we would be. We were grateful to fast today. We are so grateful for our families.


Love,

R, M, B-man, and J

2 comments:

elnaclark said...

I love that 100 crown boy. Amazing to be able to count all the way to 100!

Diane said...

I love hearing about your week. Those are the things that make it seem like you are not quite so far away.