Sunday, May 16, 2010

May 16, 2010

 

May 16, 2010

Dear Family and Friends,

This has been a great week, but we were sad to have Skate leave. Monday he was still here, and I put him to work. I had a doctor’s appointment to get my thyroid checked out. It was at a slightly awkward time, naps, meeting B-man at the bus, etc… and so I was so happy to have Skate here so I didn’t have to coordinate a babysitter. I was pleasantly surprised the doctor and how the visit went, and I was so grateful that Skate didn’t complain about a very cranky J that he was watching. That night we had pizza and then had FHE.

Tuesday was a slow relaxing rainy day. After B-man got home from school and J’s afternoon nap we went to Chucky Cheese’s with Skate. We had a really great time. B-man loved playing “Mario Cart” with Skate. I challenged him and he even beat me in one race. We stayed for a little over an hour and then headed home. While I worked on dinner Skate and B-man watched “Star Wars” together in the basement. B-man was so happy. When I later asked him what his favorite thing was that he did with Skate he said “Going to Chucky Cheese’s and watching Star Wars!” I’m sure glad we got those things in before he had to leave! That night mutual was at my house. We had a class activity and made a freezer meal to give away to a family in our ward. After my activity M and Skate went to play basketball at the church.

IMG_3264

Wednesday morning I had to take Skate to the airport. We were so sad to have him leave, but were SO happy to have him come visit us. Visitors are one of our favorite things. The rest of the day was slow and uneventful. I did plant the garden, which ended up being very hot and miserable. I am so happy that it is in though, and have taken to “examining” the plants every day.

Thursday was so slow. I can’t remember anything. I think I finally made it to the grocery store. That was the highlight.

Friday was a great day. M wasn’t working so he was home and helpful. That afternoon I had a friend over for lunch. Later that afternoon B-man took a very short nap (we were thrilled about any length) in preparation for the Fathers and Sons Campout. We were able to get the car packed and ready for their grand adventure. B-man was SO excited about the campout. He has been telling lots of complete strangers about it. The drive took a longer than anticipated because of traffic, but eventually they made it. They were only the second car to arrive. They went on a small hike and found some great bamboo walking sticks that they also brought home with them. The rest of the night was spent around the campfire, eating hot dogs, marshmallows, etc. (Strangely B-man liked all of his marshmallows cold.) While the men were gone I rand some errands with J and then got some Chinese take-out. It was almost like being at home with my family. Except my family wasn’t there…

IMG_0313

Saturday morning I woke up and went to a few garage sales. I ended much earlier than normal so that I could get J in bed for a nap. I took advantage of the people being gone and napped with him. The rest of the day was pretty slow for J and me. Meanwhile B-man and M were busy playing with their bamboo, and they took another hike to a waterfall before heading home. B-man was so happy with the campout. The rest of the day he played with the neighborhood kids and we worked on cleaning the car, etc. That night after the boys were in bed M and I watched an episode of “Foyle’s War.”

Today has been a great day too. The morning was relatively calm and uneventful. Church went well, although J is “finding his voice” more and more every week. After church we went home and had dinner and got the boys to bed.

We love you all!

R, M, B-man, and J

3 comments:

Diane said...

Hmm, sounds like your boys are ready for Yosemite and getting ready for Half Dome!

anne said...

Baby J is gorgeous. Seriously.

P.S. In a post where you mention chinese food, can you believe that my google word verification was "egroll"? Freaky!

Sally said...

It cracks me up that you say, no much happened but I did get my garden planted! ok. that's something!