Sunday, May 30, 2010

May 30, 2010

May 30, 2010

Dear Family and Friends,

This has been a strange week for us. Poor M and J have been super sick. Most of the week M stayed home from work because he was sick. I kept thinking, “Oh great M is home, this will be so great!” And then I would realize that he being home is actually worse than begin gone because he was sick and would do a great job of staying in his room trying to get rest. The poor guy was really not feeling good. J had a pretty rough week too, but started to improve a little before M. In between taking care of the patients I did manage to get some things done, like shopping, FHE etc.

Tuesday M went to work for a part of the day, but came home early when he started hacking. He didn’t go back to work until Thursday. Tuesday night I had a presidency meeting and then went visiting teaching. My companion hadn’t gotten my message saying I would be fifteen minutes late, so they had a chance to get to know each other without me…

IMG_3341

Thursday I got up and decided that if I was going to pick strawberries at the farm the best time to do it would be before B-man got home from school. So J and I rushed around and got off in time. I was a little nervous about the picking by myself, but it went better than last week and I was actually able to get more picking done than I had last week. But when J was done, he let everybody know. I was so happy that the picking was easy this week. The longest part of the day was waiting in line to pay for our extra berries that I picked, but eventually we made it and I was able to get back and pick up B-man from the bus. Later that day we went to the pool. It was the first day that our pool opened, and B-man must have asked me about five thousand times when the pool would open. We were the first ones there, and he was so happy to be able to swim. Thankfully it was a nice hot day and the pool water was surprisingly warm. Later that night M and I went on a date to celebrate his birthday. It was a little early, but we weren’t sure what would be happening with the weekend, and wanted to make sure that we got out. We went to dinner and a movie. We saw “Iron Man 2” and both thought that it was a fun movie. When we were driving home there was tons of lightening happening in the sky, and it made for a beautiful drive home.

IMG_3360

Friday M was supposed to have off, but since he had missed so much of work earlier he went to work anyway. I went to help with B-man’s “field day.” It is basically a day where they spend all day outside playing fun games. I took J with me, and thankfully he was pretty happy for most of the time. I helped out with a game where the kids were in teams and had to put their shoes in a hula hoop a ways away and then in a relay race run and put their shoes on before going back and sitting down. It was nice and easy for me. Later when M was home we went to the pool and had a great time.

IMG_3649

 

Saturday was a nice relaxing day. Everyone was starting to feel a little more normal. I went out with a friend to look for deals at yard sales. There weren’t too many but we found some good things. I found a new bike for B-man. He loves it! His old bike we got for free, and it was really starting to be very rusty. This bike was a great deal and will be great for the summer, etc. While I was gone the boys had cleaned their bathrooms and done some other work. We ate lunch together and then the boys went to the pool. I took J to Home Depot so that we could get some plants for the yard. It always takes me forever to decide how many, etc. When I got home I put J to bed and then got to work in the yard. I almost got it all done before J woke up. Luckily he played happily in the backyard while I finished up the last two plants. After a nice long time at the pool, the boys came home and we ran a few errands before coming home and making dinner. After dinner we went over to a friend’s house to take pictures of their new baby. We showed up just as they were getting to ready to eat, so M and I worked on taking pictures while they ate. Eventually the parents joined us and we were able to finish up the pictures. M was so happy when we got home and saw that at least some of them turned out great. B-man had a great time with their older kids while the photo shoot was happening. We were so happy that their baby was super happy and never cried. It made the process much easier!

IMG_3379

Today has been a great day. M had no meetings, and he celebrated by making pancakes! It was so nice to have the morning together. Church was very standard, although there were wonderful talks. Seriously some of the best talks that we have heard in a while. After church we went to dinner at a friend’s house. It was great to be with people after the long week that we have had. When J started to melt down we came home and got the boys to bed.

We love you all!

R, M, B-man, and J

2 comments:

Diane said...

I can't believe how big your baby is!

B said...

Those pictures of J are precious! Sorry to hear M was sick. Yuck!