Sunday, May 2, 2010

May 2, 2010

May 2, 2010

Dear Family and Friends,

Monday was a pretty quiet day.  Most days have been pretty quiet.  M has been trying to get his back feeling better and I haven't felt great myself.  So we haven't been moving that quickly.  I did some shopping for food during the day, and that night for FHE we went to our friends' house.  They did a great lesson on stories from the life of Jesus.  It was a cute little lesson.  We then came home and got the kids in bed.

Tuesday was a slow day, not much going on.  Wednesday was a pretty slow day for most of the day.  That night we had a camp certification for the girls.  I didn't realize that I didn't really need to be there.  It was all put on by the Stake camp leaders, but it was still nice to be there and visit with some of the other leaders from other wards.  That night M and I listened in on a conference call while my brother opened up his mission call.  It was so fun to be able to listen to him reading it. We are so excited for him.

Thursday we were so excited to have my brother Skate coming into town.  I sent B-man off to school, and then I tried to finish up the last details that needed to be done.  Sadly we realized that my poor brother had some long delays, and so he wouldn't be coming until much later in the day.  B-man was so sad that he wasn't there.  We had a lot to do while we were waiting.  I went to a friend's house for some information on essential oils, and then met another leader at a fabric store to get some things for a project.  From the fabric store we then went home for a quick snack and then headed to the airport.  We did a lot of laps while we waited for my brother to get his lost baggage problem squared away, and then we headed back home.  My poor brother had had an exceptionally long night and day.  As soon as we got home I started dinner.  After dinner and getting everyone ready for bed both M and I left for different church meetings.  We were so grateful to have my brother there so that we could get to our meetings.  After my meeting I then went late to our book club.  We discussed "Blink" and had a great time.  I was up way too late.  I came home just completely exhausted.  Everyone was long in bed when I got home.

IMG_3110 IMG_3102

Friday was a recovery day.  We all were pretty tired after such a busy day.  We had a nice quiet day.  B-man was so excited to have Skate around.  We did a trip to Costco, so that he could get his passport pictures.  That night for our family party we went to a local restaurant that was having a big promotion.  After dinner and the boys were in bed we watched "Sherlock Holmes."  It was a fun movie. 

IMG_3080

Saturday was a fun day.  I spent the morning hunting at garage sales.  I found some fun things and then headed home.  When we got home we had lunch and got organized and then headed out to Harper's Ferry with my brother.  It was a hot, hot day, but we managed to still have fun.  I didn't realize that my brother knew all about the history at Harper's Ferry.  We should have had him giving us the tour!  We walked down by the river at one point, and B-man decided that he needed to either fish or go swimming.  (Even though he had told us there were alligators in the water.)  Once we found a suitable spot he stripped off his shirt and shoes and jumped in the water.  He swam around for a while, and probably would have liked to keep swimming, but we were tired of all the bugs.  We then headed off to finish exploring the town.  On our way to the car we bought some ice cream.  It was our way of "paying" for parking since M parked in the employee parking for the ice cream store.  It was delicious and a great way to cool us off for the ride home.  Luckily our car was still there for us to drive home in.  The rest of the day was a rush to get people fed and to bed before settling down and watching a basketball game. 

IMG_3062

Today has been a normal Sunday for us...  No meetings for M before church, which was nice.  We were able to get things ready for dinner and I worked on my lesson.  Church went well, and I taught a combined lesson to all the young women on journals.  After church we went home while M met with the Bishop.  We had dinner and read books before getting the boys in bed.

We're so happy Skate is here.  We love you all!

R, M, B-man, and J

1 comment:

Diane said...

I love reading about your week. I can't believe how big your boys are!