Sunday, October 17, 2010

October 17, 2010

October 17, 2010


Dear Family and Friends,


We made it through another week. That is reason for celebration in my book. Our week has been pretty slow because we’ve been sick fighting off colds. Monday morning we had a fun breakfast that included my aunt and uncle. We were all excited to have some company in our house. B-man and J both loved the little surprises that they brought for them. All too soon they had to leave for the airport. It was sad to see them go. The rest of the day we had off for Columbus Day. We went to the park, and tried to have a fun day. For FHE that night we talked about another “Fundamental of Following the Prophet.”


Tuesday I started to lose the battle with a cold that I had been fighting off. That afternoon I took J to the doctor for a last follow up from the pneumonia/ear infection. He passed with flying colors. He and B-man also got their flu vaccine. That evening dinner was super chaotic. J was a basket case. It wasn’t until we were at soccer practice that I realized he might have been sore from the shot. Oops.


Wednesday I was really miserable. My cold was making me miserable, and poor J was also not feeling that well. He seemed to be handling it better than me though. I spent as much time as possible sleeping or sitting. I also did a little bit of complaining to M. I had a very thoughtful friend bring me some hot soup. It was a life saver!


Thursday I felt a little bit better. I was so happy. Still far from 100% but so much better than the previous day. It was rainy, and so it was easy to take it easy and not do very much. I was grateful that soccer practice was cancelled so that we could be very relaxed.


Friday was another relaxed day. After school we put B-man’s bike in the car and drove to a friend’s house. The boys all played and rode bikes outside until they got too cold, and then we headed indoors for a while too. After we left we stopped at Costco for dinner and then headed home. We ate our pizza dinner and then everyone went to bed.


Saturday morning we skipped garage sales. Instead we went to a training meeting for the Young Women leaders put on by the Stake Leaders. I was grateful for the children’s class they had for B-man and J. We came home from the meeting and J took a nap while B-man got ready for his soccer game. I had to wake up J from his nap for the game; I always hate doing that. B-man’s game was at a new field, and so when we got there I was a little confused. I ended up parking in the wrong area, and then we had to walk a long ways to his field. When we got to his field there was parking six feet from the field. That was a little frustrating. The game went well. They boys were down by two for the first half and then came back in the second half to win 4-2. After the game we came home and tried to chat with M. Eventually we were able to connect. Later in the afternoon we went to a friend’s house for dinner and to play for a while. It was a great way to spend the rest of the day. We came home and had just enough time for baths and bed.


Today started out slow. I had no meetings and no lessons to prepare for so I spent the morning working on some dinner stuff and playing with the boys. Church is always crazy even with M. Without him the craziness just escalates. Somehow by the third hour J has calmed down and doesn’t mind being on my lap as much as he does the first hour. After church all our leaders had a meeting with the Stake Young Women presidency. I had a friend that volunteered to take my boys so that I wouldn’t’ have to worry about them during the meeting. It was very kind. After the meeting I went home and got some side dishes and then headed off to the home where the boys were. It was a great dinner. We then came home and quickly got the boys in bed.


M is doing well. He is working very long hours without any days off. We sure miss him!


Love,


R, M, B-man, and J


1 comment:

Diane said...

Hang in there! I hope you fully recover quickly.