Sunday, October 24, 2010

October 24, 2010

October 24, 2010


Dear Family and Friends,


Monday was a pretty quiet day. Not a lot going on. I wasn’t feeling too great, and spent most of the morning and afternoon trying to figure out how to get rid of my sinus headache. Thankfully by the evening I had found a little relief. Not a lot, but a little. We had FHE and B-man chose an article from the friend for our lesson. I was happy to comply with his request.


Tuesday morning I had a presidency meeting. We had a productive meeting, although it feels weird to know that a lot of the upcoming things I am going to be out of commission for since I will have a new tiny baby. I hope I am ready! The rest of the day I worked on things around the house. Then that evening we went to soccer practice. The field was wet and it was pretty cool outside, but it didn’t slow B-man down much.

IMG_2970

Wednesday morning I had a doctor’s appointment. Everything looked good and we were able to talk about dates and things in the next couple of weeks. I also met with the birth certificate registrar at the hospital so that I would have less work when I have the baby. That evening we went to dinner at a friend’s house. It was a great way to spend the evening. We had no mutual that night because of a youth temple trip on Saturday.

IMG_2979

Thursday was a very busy day. I spent most of the morning working hard to get the house clean. Mirrors, sinks, picking up toys, etc. Then in the mid-morning I watched a child for a friend while she went on a field trip with her other child. Most of the time both of the kids were asleep so it was a very easy swap. Both J and his friend woke up about the same time and so we had a fun little lunch with them and then they played for a little before my friend came to collect her child. The rest of the day I spent finishing up the house. Right after B-man came home I met with our realtor and a home stager that went all through the house and each of the rooms and told us what we needed to do to make the rooms look their best. Thankfully the list is not too long or difficult. We then ate a quick dinner and headed off to soccer.

IMG_2990

Friday was a nice slow day for me. It was kind of nice to have a super clean house and to be able to relax and enjoy it. I was most excited to finally get a couch out of my house. It was listed on several sites for free, and I finally had someone actually show up to get it. I can’t believe how often I was stood up over it. I ran a few errands just to get out of the house. That night I went over to another friend’s house for dinner. We had pizza from a local place. It was a great night, but J was so hungry that by the time we ate he kind of refused to eat anything. Kids are so strange sometimes. He did a fair amount of screaming, but eventually he calmed down enough to eat something.

IMG_2987

Saturday morning we had a relaxing start. B-man even slept past seven which is something he rarely does. (Perhaps because he was sleeping in my bed…) Our first outing was to B-man’s soccer game. He played great, and had a good time learning how to play offense and defense and the difference between the two. After his game we rushed over to the church. I was hoping to make it to at least a portion of a baptism for two children that I know. Sadly the meeting was over, but people were mingling and visiting so I could at least congratulate them. I left B-man with a friend and then ran to Costco quickly before heading back over to get B-man and his friend. We then drove to the airport in our city so that we could watch an Air Show that was being put on. Admission was free, and it was a pretty impressive show for such a little airport. I think we all had a good time. I should have brought some water and snacks, but the kids made it through okay. We left a few minutes early to beat the traffic and get B-man’s friend home on time for some things that he had going on. We then went home and relaxed and played. Eventually we were able to chat with M and see how he is doing. Having the webcam makes it a lot easier for the boys and M.

IMG_2984

Today has been a good day. The morning was low key and relaxed. I worked on things for dinner and we were able to chat with M. Sometimes on Sunday’s it is hard to work out a time to chat. Church went well. I am happy that next week I will have my mom here to help and I won’t have to do all of church by myself. Those three hours can be exhausting. After church we came home and did a few final preparations before two families came over for dinner. Both of the families have been so helpful while M has been gone and I wanted to try and do something in return. B-man was in heaven to have so many friends over.


We love you all!


R, M, B-man, and J


2 comments:

David said...

Those are cool Delorean shots. Was that at the air show?

Matt said...

Yes, small air show - but they had a Delorean.