Sunday, February 19, 2012

February 19, 2012


February 19, 2012

Dear Family and Friends,

It’s been a great week.  Valentine’s and a birthday ensured that it would be.  Monday was a normal day.  Groceries, FHE, etc….

Tuesday was Valentine’s Day.  Since B-man has to be up so early, I didn’t do anything special for breakfast.  There just isn’t enough time.  But pretty much the rest of the day I spent working treats for the day.  Here’s what I made; bread (nothing romantic about that, but we were out), red jello with strawberries, and chocolate covered strawberries.  Actually now that I wrote it out, it doesn’t seem like much, but it felt like a lot…   It was actually a lot of fun and J loved helping.  B-man was thrilled that he didn’t have any homework after school.  The weather was also nice enough for him to play outside for a little.  That night for dinner we had pink pancakes, jello, and then our strawberries for dessert.  B-man and I ran off fast after dinner to get him to basketball practice.  
J really liked blowing out the candles.

Wednesday was a busy day.  I ran to the grocery store, ran home to put away the frozen stuff, and then ran to get B-man from school and to the dentist.  Of course all these things were on separate ends of town.  The dentist we have is so great and only for kids.  His office is decked out with toys, games, and videos for the kids to play with.  It made having two kids there waiting a lot easier.  We ended up staying longer because the doctor wanted to put in sealants on hid molars and I told him to just do it so I wouldn’t have to come back again.  Sadly our dental plan doesn’t cover them, but they are less than paying for a filling so we did it.  After a clean report we got B-man lunch and then dropped him off as school.  I then fed the little boys and let them finally sleep.  That night M had mutual.

Cheerful B-man.



Thursday we didn’t do too much.  It was a much slower day; in a busy fun week it’s nice to have a quiet day.  Friday was my birthday.  It was a great day, I slept in guilt free until a little after 7.  (Never in my teenage life would I have ever imagined that to be sleeping in…)  Then the rest of the day I got to spend with my favorite people.  M had the day off so he was home all day.  He made a load of bacon and juice to compliment our traditional cold cereal Friday breakfast.   We ran errands and when we were coming home we just happened to run into a friend.  She was dropping off a treat for me and when she saw that M was home she insisted on watching the little boys so we could go to lunch.  She is really so kind and I need to remember to do these types of things for other people.  We went to lunch and had a free sandwich from a shop nearby that we liked.  It didn’t take long, but it was great to have no little boys to wrangle with while we were eating.  When B-man got home we had a pretty quiet hour or so and then we left to go to dinner.  We wanted to eat early and also return a few things on our way.  (Stores that I don’t get to as often.)  It’s a long story, but all of my return errands failed and I couldn’t return anything.  It was pretty frustrating.  One return was in the mall, and while I was trying to return stuff M let the boys play on a little play set inside.  They were having a great time running around with all the other kids.  We then tried our best to clean their hands with wipes and headed to Red Robin for dinner.  When we arrived it was empty and we were happy that we decided to eat early.  The boys loved their dinner, and although it was crazy, I don’t think we disturbed the guests around us.  J especially loved having his own drink cup.  He downed his first cup of apple juice super fast.  It was amazing.  They all ate great dinners, and got our check as fast as possible before things really started to deteriorate.  Once home we bathed the boys and then got them in bed.  That night M and I watched some shows on Hulu, and took breaks to chat with people that called.  It was a great day.  (My sister even hijacked my blog!)

Entranced by the flame.
Saturday was our typical Saturday.  I headed out later in the morning to find some good deals.  There were two estate sales.  One was tiny and I found a few little things.  The other was an enormous house and they were selling a bunch of super fancy furniture, plus a lot of clothes, toys, etc.  I first checked out the furniture, and realized I couldn’t afford any of it.  But then I realized they were selling drapery rods, with the drapes too for amazing prices.  I debated on sizes, etc, but finally got some squared away.  One guy was buying stuff super fast.  It was amazing.  I then headed downstairs and started digging through their toys and clothes.  I spent the most time in the clothes.  Everything was super name brand clothes and I was able to find a bunch of great things for B-man.  After getting everything paid for and in my car I then headed back home.  After lunch M took B-man to his basketball game.  I decided to stay home with the boys so they could have good naps since M would be at the temple later that evening.  I wanted to make it as easy as possible without him.  Sadly, J ended up being on a nap strike and never fell asleep.  While M was at the game I worked on stuff for a party we would be going to later.  I did my hair and make-up so that I wouldn’t worry about it when the kids were running around.  When M got back from the game, he changed and then headed off to Stake temple night with some of his friends.  We managed to stay sane without him.  We went to the park by our house, and then had an easy dinner.  He made good time on the drive and made it back home with plenty of time to spare.  We both finished getting dressed for the party.  It was a Valentine’s party and we were supposed to come dressed as a celebrity couple.  We dressed up as Katniss Everdeen and Peeta from The Hunger Games.  The party was great.  We played a few hilarious games that were super simple, and of course there was lots of good food and friends around.  It was a great night.  We were all sad to go home. 
Making my wish.  Is it bad if I forgot what it was?

Today has been another fantastic day.  M had no meetings, and we had a great morning.  Church went pretty well (despite the senior primary having a serious bout of the wiggles).  We had our home teachers over in the afternoon, and then had some friend’s over for dinner.  We are anxious to get back into the habit of having people over.  We have a long list of people that we need to invite.  This family happened to have several children that match up with ours, and B-man loved having them over.  It was an easy night.  Now the kids are in bed and we are enjoying the peace and quiet.  We love our kids, but we also love their bedtimes…

Love,
The C Crew 

1 comment:

Diane said...

So great to get caught up with you!