Sunday, February 12, 2012

February 12, 2012


February 12, 2012

Dear Family and Friends,

The beginning part of the week was mostly consumed with M’ preparation for his colonoscopy.  Monday night for FHE we honored Grandpa Richards (it was his birthday) and Matthias told us some stores from his life.  After FHE he reread all of the instructions, and we made a bunch of jello (yellow or green only) so that he would at least have something to eat.

Tuesday was a fairly normal day.  Errands and such.  I took J into the doctor hoping they would give him a blood test to see if he has any food allergies, but they just referred me to an allergist, and told me he had an ear infection.  (I was totally oblivious to that one…)  That night after dinner M started drinking the fun solution that cleaned him out, and I took B-man to his basketball practice.  I love being able to read during his practices. 

Wednesday M stayed home from work.  Late in the morning I dropped him off for his test and then went back home with the kids.  We played for a few minutes and then I took the boys to my “ex” visiting teacher so I could go get M.  She had just been switched and I didn’t know that when I had called to ask her.  I felt a little bad.  Getting M went smoothly.  I waited in the waiting room for ten minutes, and then they called me back to his little recovery room.  We waited for another 10-15 minutes and then he was awake enough for the doctor to come talk to us.  Everything looked good; we were both so relieved to hear that news.  Then we waited a few more minutes until we could get his stuff back and then we went home.  I was amazed at how much quicker M was “with it” this time around.   By the time we picked up the boys and got home he was totally with it, ready to eat, and back to normal.  The boys had loved playing at a different house and had apparently also loved all the fun food at their house.  I tried to assure my friend that I had fed them before dropping them off, but the still ate as if I hadn’t even fed them breakfast.  The rest of the day was delightful, we watched an episode of “Foyle’s War” while the boys were napping, and then had a pretty quiet evening once B-man came home.




Thursday was another quiet day.  I did go play basketball in the evening with some friends.  It’s good to get some exercise in.

Friday was another quiet day.  We had our family party and made pizza and then M took B-man to a school function where they dressed in their pajamas and went from room to room to hear stories.  While he was gone I worked on getting the boys to bed.

Saturday was busy.  I played basketball very early in the morning. (It was 7:00 am)  I am normally up by then, but not usually running around, and my body was a little confused at me asking so much of it.  After basketball I picked up a new light for over our kitchen table.  I found it on Craigslist in our town, which is always very convenient.  Plus it was WAY less than a new one, and our old one was hideous.  I’m excited to have something new to look at.  In the early afternoon B-man had his basketball game.  We took all the boys and it was crazy!  But it was fun to cheer on B-man.  He played the first half and then we took him to a birthday party for one of his friends.  Then while the boys were napping M went to a worldwide training meeting.  He said it was very good.  Once he got home, we worked on feeding the boys, and then I picked up a babysitter.  We decided to start celebrating my birthday early and went to “Not Your Average Joe’s.”  It’s one of our favorite places, and for your birthday they email you a coupon for a free dinner and dessert of your choice.  It’s so much fun, and we had a great time.  I love ordering the most expensive thing and not feeling guilty.  After we ran to a grocery store and then decided to stop by a stake dance for adults.  We popped in, danced a slow song or two, talked to some friends and then left.  They had a big band, and it was all very well done, but we decided to cut it short.

Sunday was fairly normal.  Meetings in the morning, slightly crazy church time, and then a fairly relaxing afternoon.   I tried a new recipe in the pressure cooker and it worked so that is always fun.

We love you all!
The C Crew

No comments: