Sunday, April 22, 2012

April 15, 2012


April 15, 2012

This has been a crazy week, with most of the important stuff at the end of the week.  Monday was B-man’s last day of spring break.  We decided to go explore Great Falls National Park.  It is very close by, but I have never been.  The boys loved all the water and climbing on all the rocks.  The picnic we packed was also a hit with the boys.  We went early, and then made it home in time for naps.
The falls and me trying to keep the boys on the right side of the railing.

"Hey Mom!  Look what I did!"


M with his helpers

We have been working a lot in the house trying to get some projects done and the house cleaned in time for M’ parents to come into town.  We switched out all of our lighting fixtures, and planted a tree.  Thursday night was a Relief Society meeting where we discussed conference.  I was asked to share my favorite talk from Saturday morning of Conference.  I shared my thoughts on Elder Oaks talk on sacrifice.
Grandma was there... this is about the only picture we got with her.

Friday I tried to finish all the last minute cleaning that needed to be done for our company.  Late that night I got a babysitter to stay at the house (M was working the night shift) and went to the airport to get his parents.  I felt terrible that I was a few minutes late.  Once we were home I tried to get them settled and then went to bed as quickly as possible.   RM had a rough night and I didn’t get much sleep.
B-man loves being on defense and pulling flags.

Saturday morning the boys were so excited to know that their grandparents were in the house.  They really wanted to wake them up, but I made them stay downstairs until they woke up on their own. We aren’t the quietest group, so I am sure they were awake much earlier than they would have liked.  The morning was very relaxed, and eventually M made it home and was able to join in the party.  At 11:30 B-man had his first flag football game, so we packed a lunch and headed over to the field.  He had scored a touchdown in the scrimmage he had on Thursday night, but no such luck in the game.  He did pull several flags and felt like that was just as exciting though.  Sadly they lost by two points.  After his game we all split up.  M took a nap while the little boys were also napping.  While they all slept I took a car and we went to get some pies, and we also went through Costco.  It was fun to go through with M’ parents and have them point out things they couldn’t get at their Costco.  Once we got home I watered the plants and visited with M’ parents.  When M woke up we quickly started some pizza dough, and then we took them to Wegman’s another fun grocery store.  That night we had pizza for dinner.  The boys didn’t like it when the smoke alarms went off, but they sure enjoyed the pizza.  After the boys were in bed M shared some dates he got while in the Middle East.  I don’t know much about dates, but I could tell they were fancy.
J called Grandfather "guy" and Grandfather always had these three little people following him around.

Sunday was a big day.  We got up and going so that we could be to church on time.  After the Sacrament our bishopric was reorganized and M was sustained as our ward’s new bishop.  We have known about this change for quite a while, but even still we were both pretty nervous sitting in our seats.  M left our row and sat on the stand.  He was also asked to share his testimony.  B-man didn’t know before what was happening (he isn’t great about secrets) but luckily he was super excited about the changes.  Even with the grandparents there it was still a crazy Sacrament meeting.  It made me nervous for the next five years with me doing Sacrament meeting all by myself.  Actually I was already nervous…  Immediately after Sacrament meeting I got J and RM taken care of and then we grabbed B-man so that he could be there for M’ ordination and setting apart.  We were so happy that M’ parents were there and that his father could ordain him to the office of High Priest.  It meant a lot to us.  Once that was over I ran back to primary.  After church we came home and immediately noticed an increase in the phone traffic to our house.  M got back around 4:00 and then we ate dinner.  It was a very warm day, but there was a good breeze blowing through the dining room while we ate.  After dinner we took a drive to show his parents the rest of our ward boundaries.  It was a lovely drive.  That night after the boys were in bed we had the Terry’s over.  They are long time friends of M’ parents that live in our stake.  It was fun to have them and hear some of their old stories of adventures together.
M with his new counselors.

We love you all!  Big changes this week, but we will make it!
The C Crew

No comments: