Tuesday, February 3, 2009

A Penny Saved...

Today I finally went to the post office to mail some pants I had ordered online. They didn't fit right and so I needed to return them. Sadly, it could not be returned to a store. My options were to send it in their envelope and have them deduct $5.99 from the price of the item I was returning, or use my own supplies and mail it myself. I contemplated taking the easy route, but decided that even if I saved two dollars, it would be worth it. At the post office I carefully examined their postage supplies. I found the cheapest option that would still hold the pants. Then I made it to the counter finally. Here's the breakdown...

$1.00 for the envelope
5.35 for parcel post delivery

Total cost... $6.35!!!

Here I was trying to save a buck or two and ended up spending more! I was shocked. Who knew it was so expensive to mail one pair of pants? It's not like they were even heavy. I should have thrown in a magazine and called it "media mail". I guess I learned my lesson. The easy way is the better way...

1 comment:

B said...

That's a good rule of thumb for every situation. ;)