Saturday, April 4, 2009

A Man a Plan a Canal Panama



It was interesting to see huge cargo boats, called Panamax go through the canal.  They are starting construction on new locks at both ends of the canal, and dredging the rest of the canal, so that larger boats can go through.


This is in front of the Panama Canal at the Pedro Miguel Locks (#5 on the map above).  I was on the way to a meeting, located just North of the old US Air Foce base, and we passed by this ship on its way north towards the Caribbean.



This is what the pictures looked like today.   I'm glad that I had stopped to take pictures the day before.  I was hoping that the camera was taking good pictures, and that the LCD was going bad - but no luck.  I'm thinking that either my camera is ready to be replaced or maybe it was just too humid.  I don't really want to buy another camera right now (although I do enjoy "the hunt" for new purchases, way more than actually parting with the money) - so hopefully this camera continues working for a little longer.

No comments: