Wednesday, April 1, 2009

The Wave



B-man has never really loved getting his hair combed. The picture above is his normal hair on a GOOD day. It has lead to some pretty funny hairstyles. We all can get pretty gnarly bed head, and most of the time that is how B-man runs around.

Thankfully the other day I pulled out a hairstyle I used with younger siblings and myself. We called it "The Wave" growing up. We would slick and comb the hair until you could create a little wave right up front. A crazy cowlick right in front does help. Lucky for us B-man has one in the front and two in the back.

B-man loves "The Wave." He has started asking for it everyday. He also makes requests for it to be big, as big as I can get it. In a perfect world he would have a wave in the front and the back of his hair. I try to convince him that it's only handsome in the front. Sometimes I win that argument, and sometimes he wins. At least he is getting his hair into some semblance of order.

The only problem now is that he needs a haircut. Desperately! I'm afraid to suggest it because it will definitely effect the height of his wave. Here are some pictures of him sporting his new favorite "do."



6 comments:

emi. said...

there was a kid in the 2nd grade class that had the BIGGEST wave i think i've ever seen. in my whole life. he had a crush on me.

also, i'm in heaven with ALL of these posts!

Emily said...

You've done the updating today! The "wave" looks great. And, I love the book Cold Sassy Tree. There's actually a sequel, but the author died before she finished editing it and all. It's still available at the library though. Just a little FYI.

Nicole said...

He's so handsome!

Amy's Paradigm said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amy's Paradigm said...

I have to say I love the wave too. He is so handsome and so big now (sigh). I was never lucky enough to have a boy with the wave have a crush on me. More unfortunate still, I can say several boys with a mullet did have crushes on me. I hope this only reflects when I was young and not something about my character. Sometimes I still worry about it.

Cold Sassy Tree does have a sequel, but don't get your hopes up. There is no comparing the two. But you do get the information about what came next for the characters you already love. Just make sure you don't purchase the thing

L said...

I can't believe how mucht "the wave" makes him look even more like his dad. Wow! That is exactly how M looked when he was young...and he definitely had "the wave"! CUTE little B!