Sunday, June 6, 2010

June 6, 2010

June 6, 2010

Dear Family and Friends,

This has been a great week.  We have been able to do a lot of celebrating.  Monday was M’ birthday, and we were so excited to be able to have him home all day for Memorial Day too.  We started off the day with a fun breakfast.  We let M sleep in a little too.  That afternoon M and B-man went to the pool for a nice long swim.  After cleaning up lunch and getting J ready I met them there and we got J into the pool for the first time.  He wasn’t exactly sure if he loved it, but he was a pretty good sport.  He HATED it when he got splashed by bigger kids.  After the pool I came home and got J to sleep for a nap.  I then worked on a tart for M’ birthday.  When the guys got home they cleaned up and then we headed over to some friends’ for dinner.  They had recently moved and it was fun to see their new house.

IMG_3704

Tuesday it seemed a little strange to have to be back in school.  But we got back to our normal routine.  I had a doctor’s appointment and everything is looking good.  That night I had mutual.  We worked on some things for camp.  During mutual I started to feel really gross, but just assumed it was normal pregnancy grossness.  When I got home I headed straight for the couch to lie down.  I assumed that I would feel fine soon.  I was wrong.  It ended up that I had the stomach flu, which is very different from pregnancy sickness.  It wasn’t fun.

IMG_3691 IMG_3729

Wednesday I stayed in bed all day away from people while M ran the house.  I was so grateful that he could take the day off and help out.  It made such a difference and by the end of the day it was clear that I was not sick anymore.  While I was hiding out M took the boys to a fun birthday lunch.  B-man thought it was such a fun trip.  That night M headed out for more visits with the EQ.

Thursday was back to business as usual.  B-man had a big field trip with his class to the farm.  I went and picked strawberries, and saw him with all of his class.  I was happy to go home as it was a very hot and humid day.  I was feeling weak but much better.  I tried to get caught up on things around the house.  Although I think I am forever behind.

Friday was another pretty normal day.  I worked on a few baking projects and did some grocery shopping.  That night we went swimming, and then went to a friends’ for dinner.  They had a tub of water set up on their front porch and the boys had a great time playing with the water toys that were inside of it.

IMG_3700

Saturday morning I woke up in full project mode.  We were hosting a birthday party for M at our community pool.  The hope was that the weather would be good and we could play inner-tube water polo.  I did a hit a few yard sales first thing in the morning, but then came home early to work on things.  I mostly had some cooking and organizing to do.  When I got home we had just enough time to get organized before heading off to Costco to buy the last few things that we needed on food.

Then we c ame home and found out that our pool had blown something in the pump and nobody would be allowed to use it all weekend…  That was slightly bad news, but especially bad when you are supposed to be hosting a pool party!  So we went into scramble mode.  We did have a chance to go to a fun lunch for M’ birthday.  We like to take advantage of all the fun free birthday things…  When we got home I worked on the food while M figured out what we were going to do.  We came up with a plan.  We were pretty sure we could get into a different pool.  It would be crowded and we couldn’t play inner tube water polo, but we would at least be able to play water games.  We got the food done, and things organized, and then I went to collect the babysitter with the boys.  Once the babysitter was at our house we just loaded up the back of our car with all the food and took it to the clubhouse for the party.  We then met the guests there, and decided at the last minute to try a different pool that we were pretty sure would be emptier.  We just didn’t know how it would work getting twenty people inside.   When we got there, getting in was a breeze!  We just walked in, and the pool was very empty so it was perfect.  Someone asked the lifeguard right as we got there if we could use inner tubes, and he said it was fine with him… So then M ran back to our house to get all the equipment for the game.  That left me to run some water games. 

IMG_3670

We played a few games, did a relay or two and by that time M was back with all the equipment and we were ready to go.  After some debate, and finding a tool we were able to split the pool in such a way to keep the few children there safe and still be able to play.  M and I were both so happy to be able to play water polo.  And actually I think all of the people that came were really glad that we got to play too.  Everyone was such a good sport about all the water games.  We had both been a little stressed about having such a big party and all the last minute changes, and we were so relieved when everything came together and people had a good time.  When the pool closed, we went back to our clubhouse and fed everyone.  After eating we played a game of reverse charades, and by that time we had to be out.   I cannot explain how great it felt to be done, and to have it be a great success.  Everyone wants to play again soon, now that we know where we can play!   We came home and tried to get things under control before sitting down for a few minutes and then going to bed.

IMG_3677

Today has been a good day.  M had no meetings, but we were both working on lessons.  Church had some excellent testimonies, and only one that the Stake President had to cut short.  It was an awkward moment for everyone I am sure…  I taught in Young Women about Virtue.  It has been fun for me to study and learn more about the new value.   After church we came home and had dinner.  Leftovers from the party, but it was delicious and easy!  After dinner we read and played a few impromptu games before making wishes for M.  J was entranced by the candles.  Then it was time for bed for the boys.

We love you all!

R, M, B-man, and J

3 comments:

Diane said...

You are the most fun people I know!

Nicole said...

Really wishing I could have been there to play ITWP! Happy bday M!

emi. said...

oh my gosh.

a. i'm so happy about your party and the ITWP! It's a dream come true

b. i'm so happy nicole has initiated the acronym ITWP!!