Monday, June 21, 2010

Trash Day


Tomorrow is trash day. After getting the boys in bed I prepared the trash to take it out. I will not reveal what I found in the trash bin, but let me just assure you it was VILE! In fact it was so vile that I put the bag back down and had to sit and strategize about what I was going to do. Leave it there? Nope the problem would not go away. Take the bag (and problem) out through my house? Not that appealing. Double bag the offending things? I would risk contamination of myself, but I knew the house would be protected. I decided it was the best course of action. I double bagged. It was tricky and I wished several times that I had plastic gloves. Actually a bio hazard suit would have been nice. The trash was cleared. There was still a bit of a problem with the bin. Nothing that a bit of bug spray couldn't cure.

Let me just say right now, that in our house trash is a clearly male responsibility. (Don't worry there are plenty of tasks that are clearly female jobs.) I will never take that for granted again.

2 comments:

Diane said...

How can you not tell us what was in there???

B said...

Helooooo!!!! What was it??? A spider, huh!