Sunday, July 19, 2009

July 19, 2009

July 19, 2009


Dear Family and Friends,


Once again another week has flown by. It’s amazing how fast time goes by when it is broken into three hour increments. We have had a few things that spiced up our week. One was that Q came back. The house has seemed so empty without her around. B-man has really loved having her around to talk with. I will often find him down on her bed watching what she is typing on the computer. I’m sure he must be pesky at times, but she never lets on that he is annoying. Plus I should call her the laundry fairy. I keep finding loads of laundry that had been sitting in the dryer that have magically been folded and put into a laundry basket. Of course having someone around during the day is nice too. We really try to give her enough space to get work done, but even then we usually have a couple of good chats a day. I miss those when she is gone!

IMG_0731

Thursday I got pretty stir crazy and decided that I had to get out of the house. We went to a play date for the ward at some fountains in a shopping center near our house. B-man had a great time. It was the hottest day of the summer, so J and I didn’t last as long as B-man did, but it felt good to be out of the house at least.


Another thing that spiced up the week was my massage on Thursday night. I had been looking forward to it all week. A friend in the ward has her own business that she runs out of her home, and thanks to some great friends, and M I was able to have an hour of relaxation. I can completely understand why famous people are always getting massages. They are wonderful! There are a lot of things that could potentially make it uncomfortable, but it is only in theory. In practice, a massage is nothing but pure delight, and I think everyone should do it at least once.

IMG_0741

The highlight from Friday was that we picked up another twenty pounds of blueberries. The first time we froze most of the berries, so this time we made sure to keep out some. We have been surviving on blueberries ever since. They are delicious!

IMG_0711

Saturday was a very busy day. The morning was nice and relaxing. M made fantastic waffles for breakfast, and then the day got busy fast. First he went and helped a friend move. Then he came home for a fast lunch and then left to go help one of his home teaching families move. Both moves were “in-town” so on the second one he came and picked up B-man to help with the unloading of the truck. B-man was SO excited to help with the move. He thinks it is as fun as going to the park! When they got home in the early evening they went first to the pool to cool off before coming home for dinner. Then after dinner they went together to check out a car. It was a lonely day for me, but I was glad that B-man got to be involved in the second half of the day.


Today has been a good day. J and I went to church for Sacrament meeting. J did great and slept through Sacrament meeting. J and I then came home to try and avoid some of the germs that were going around. We’ve had a very relaxed afternoon here. B-man is really getting into reading books. Whenever I sit down to feed J, B-man brings me a stack of books and he turns the pages while I read them. It may not work forever, but right now it is a great thing to do while I am glued to the couch.


We love you all!

R, M, B-man, and J

2 comments:

emi. said...

oh the delight.

B said...

Those waffles look awesome. When can we come over? =) Chris and I were actually looking into getting massages! How much does your friend charge? We're on the prowl!