Tuesday, July 7, 2009

July 5, 2009

July 5, 2009


Dear Family and Friends,


This week has been so fast! I have stayed very close to home and have enjoyed having family here. Most of the days were pretty much the same. My mother has been here helping. It has been wonderful! Monday I wasn’t feeling super great, so I tried to rest a lot. M went back to work and spent most of the day just trying to catch up on emails. My mother has made it easy for me to sit and do nothing. I am pretty good at that when I am by myself, but I really don’t like it when people are up and working. That night we had FHE. B-man and M teamed up for the lesson. It was also our seventh anniversary. Here’s to seven great years!


Tuesday was just a low key day. Wednesday was my first “solo” day. Q and my mom went to the District for a couple of errands and I was left by myself. The morning went really well. Right before lunch time we got a few surprises. One was that a friend called and came and picked up B-man to play at her house for the afternoon. About that same time the Relief Society presidency came by to visit. After they left J and I both took a nice long nap. That night was relatively quiet.

IMG_0411

One week old.


Thursday morning I helped get things ready for people to go to the farm. I decided to sit it out. At the farm they had to do more walking than normal, but they picked more peas, black raspberries, and blueberries this week. B-man also showed them how to ride some pedal cars. Apparently they had a bunch of races, and at one point B-man ran into the gate. Luckily the gate and B-man were unhurt. After they got home from the farm we all had lunch. M had gotten out early from work, and he had fixed a tasty lunch. That afternoon Mom and Q went shopping together, and B-man and M went to the pool. J and I hung out at home. I mostly just stare and soak up every minute of this newborn stage. That night my mom watched the boys while we went to dinner for our anniversary. It was a great night, and the boys did great by sleeping the whole time we were gone.


Friday M had the day off of work. The morning was mostly spent getting my mom ready to fly back to San Diego. We were so sad to see her go. It really helped that we know we will see her again soon. The rest of the day was very slow paced. M took B-man to the pool, and we had a quiet evening at home. We did have a family party that night. We all watched “The Tale of Despereaux.” I fell asleep and B-man got scared/sad in the movie. We have to be so careful with the movies that he watches… After B-man was in bed, we watched “Australia” with Q. We all enjoyed the movie. I was a little surprised that we like it actually.

IMG_0513


Saturday was the 4th of July. I’ve always loved Independence Day. In the morning while things were cooking we gave J a bath. He loves having the water pour over his head and stays very very still. He doesn’t love the rest of the bath as much… We started the day off by going to a BBQ that was hosted by our friends. The BBQ was to raise awareness for ALS. Most of the people then went to the Nationals baseball game. Many of the baseball games played on that day were donating a portion of the proceeds to research for ALS. It was our first outing and it went very well, but we didn’t think that going to a baseball game would be a good idea. The rest of the day was pretty quiet. We did some yard work. (I’ve harvested our first IMG_0555IMG_0553 cucumbers and we have a tomato that is almost red!) M and B-man went to the pool, but didn’t last long since the weather was a little cooler than normal. That night we had a little barbecue for our family. We then went to buy some sparklers for B-man to play with, and ended up running into some friends of ours that had recently moved. We ended up running back home for lighters and snacks, before meeting them to watch fireworks. B-man loved playing with their boys and watching the fireworks. After a very late night and a lot of fun we made it home and B-man went to bed. Later M went to the airport to pick up Elna, his mother. We are so excited to have her here. B-man is getting so spoiled with all the extra attention!


Today has been a great day. M took everyone to church and taught the lesson in elders quorum. The testimony meeting had a lot of young women talking about camp. After church we had dinner and enjoyed chatting with one another. The rest of the evening has been quiet and relaxing.


We love you all!

R, M, B-man, and J

4 comments:

Shoshanah said...

I love the matching outfits the boys are wearing! How patriotic!

Nicole said...

That is so funny, we had a lot of girls camp testimonies too. It reminds me of how fun summer is when you're going to girls camp, EFY, family reunions...

B-man is looking so mature, especially when he is holding J!

anne said...

You are so much more up and atem than I was at that stage. I'm impressed. You guys are the cutest family and I'm so happy for you. Also, great pics of J.

B said...

Those pics of B holding J are so cute. Thanks for coming to the BBQ and for helping Chris after. Y'all are the best.