Saturday, October 24, 2009

The Garden's Gone

I took out the garden today. Actually I started to take it out, but M ended up doing most of the work. Rather sneaky of me, right? It felt a little weird ripping out tomato plants that still had developing fruit on them, but it had to be done. The first frost could come any day, and this was the only decent weather (when I would have help) for a while.

But on the bright side of things the dirt is tilled and ready to go for spring planting. Is it too early to start thinking about spring? That was all I could think about while ripping out the old plants. What I would plant in the garden next summer. I got some new bulbs too. I can't wait for more tulips in April! If I could we would skip over the winter months and get straight to spring again. I guess that's no surprise coming from a San Diego girl.

2 comments:

emi. said...

if you save the toms and hang them upside down in some kind of box (like drape them), the toms will keep growing.

B said...

It's never too early to think of spring. I like winter through Christmas... and then it's time for spring again. =)