Sunday, October 25, 2009

October 18, 2009

(This is from last week. I wrote it up and haven’t sent it out yet…)


This week has been a little rough. I’ve been sitting in bed the last three days…while R is doing everything. This isn’t too abnormal, during the day at least, but at least I can help during the time that I am home in the evening.


On Monday morning we went to breakfast at one of our favorite breakfast joints (Puccio New York) in town. Then, after loading ourselves with breakfast sandwiches and omelet’s we went looking at different armoire’s that we had been scouting out over the last few days. We saw some very expensive armoire’s that we passed by and then found one for the right price. With the help of our friends we were able to walk it around to the back door to squeeze it in the door. Thankfully we were able to spend some time with them, while the kids ran around the neighborhood, and then we had a great FHE. R taught us all about “tricky people” (think stranger danger) trying to help B-man realize the importance of being careful.


Tuesday
It started to rain Monday night and hasn’t let up since then. We really need the rain, but it’s hard when B-man is cooped up all day. R went to an activity tonight, meant to teach the young women about eating politely. Thankfully she was able to feed J right before leaving for the activity and then I put him to bed. Then, after getting John to bed I got B-man (who had a late nap due to being sick) to bed also.

IMG_1506

Wednesday
B-man stayed home again today. His fever and coughing has been back and forth. It seems like we pick the wrong days to keep him home. But, who would know that a flu can be so fickle. I went over to watch a football game with some friends later that evening, and came home to late.


Thursday
R was able to get to the farm and back before she had to pick up B-man from the bus stop. Apparently she was the first person to show up, perhaps because of the constant rain, and pickup the food for herself and friends. With all of the rain, she didn’t even attempt to do the U-Pick…probably a good idea.


Over the last few days I noticed a growth on my leg (been there for months) get bigger. I’ve had our ward-dermatologist look at it over the last few months. He thought that it was a dermatofibroma and thought that it wouldn’t be a problem. I dropped in to see him on Thursday after I saw that it was bleeding a little, and he extricated it. I’m glad that it’s out, but instead of a growth I’ve got a large wound that stitched together.

IMG_1481

Friday
I slept in today and stayed in bed with flu like systems while R did everything around me. While John was napping in the afternoon R went to a consignment sale, and unfortunately found nothing worth purchasing. Later in the afternoon my fever started to climb and I slept a lot more. R dropped B-man off at a birthday party and was able to go to the mall to exchange a few items. After she came home we watched The Office on Hulu and then I went to bed.

IMG_1483

Saturday
Once again I slept in and had B-man and R take care of me. R took off to look at a Craigslist-dresser (not what we were looking for) in the morning and then later went to Reston to finalize the stroller transaction. I paid bills and did other lazy activities all afternoon. It’s good to get all those things done.


Sunday
R went to the meetings this morning, while I had my counselors go to the meetings for me. We flip-flopped church spots this week and took the boys to church while I stayed home and slept. R came home from her meeting and immediately came to bed. She stayed in bed sleeping all afternoon while I played with the boys and got dinner going.

1 comment:

Laura said...

that is quite the stitches picture! yikes!