Thursday, October 1, 2009

Yard

I have been meaning to give a little yard update.  More for my parents than anyone else.  Here is what the backyard currently looks like.  The garden did great, but is starting to look pretty wild and scraggly.  The flowers on the shady side make me so happy.   I go out everyday on my deck and just stare down at my back yard.  If you look closely you can see the weed that was as tall as me when we got home from vacation.

The garden side…

IMG_0883

 

The flower side…

IMG_0881

IMG_0877

The view from our basement door…

IMG_0887

And remember the rose bush that I planted while M was out of town and I was pregnant?  It almost didn’t survive our attempts at watering and caring for it.  But I think it is going to pull through.  I wasn’t sure what color it was going to be because the picture was faded by the sun on the package.  But with a name like “Prom Night” I was pretty sure I couldn’t go wrong.

IMG_1134

5 comments:

Diane said...

Beautiful, beautiful yard! I'm so jealous...

anne said...

you're talented! And I could have guessed the color of Prom Night.

Ina & co. said...

So great!!! When I get a yard, I'll hire you to come fix it up!

emi. said...

there's nothing like having a little prom night next to your front door! it's such an oasis! all of it!

Amber said...

Beautiful yard! That rose is gorgeous!