Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Little Miss Muffet

Yesterday we were all together talking in our front room. I had just finished trying on a new coat and was holding J. B-man was talking to me, then stopped mid sentence and said "There's a spider on you!" I could tell from the way he said it, and the size of his eyes that it was a big spider and not a little one. I did ask him to get it but quickly decided that he was no help. Luckily M was right there so I ran over to him and yelled for him to get the spider. I had no idea where it was, but it B-man had motioned to my hair!

Side note... I am terrified of things like bugs getting caught in my hair. Curly hair is like Velcro, and mine has been especially "fuzzy" lately. So I was having a minor panic attack that my worst nightmare of a bug being stuck in my hair was coming true...

M at first exclaimed that there was no spider, then he quickly changed his mind and exclaimed that there was a spider and it was quite big. We were all frantically looking for some tissue or something. Thankfully he found some tissue nearby fast and got it out of my hair! I saw it before he killed it (hanging from it's web) and it was a large fat spider. For several minutes afterwards I kept feeling like I had more spiders crawling on my scalp. Even typing this gets me all creepy crawly again. I hate spiders!

7 comments:

Diane said...

I would have been taken out of the house in a straight-jacket. I can't imagine anything more horrifying - unless it was on my face. Hair is very close to the face...

beth said...

i don't even know what i would've done. luckily m was there to save the day!

emi. said...

oh man. this is my worst nightmare. WHAT IF B-MAN NEVER SAW IT!!!! good eyes b-man!

Ina & co. said...

I totally relate! I had several "blonde/white" spiders one time.... It still makes me itch!! But I have to agree w/e... Good eyes B-MAN!

Laura said...

i'm getting creepy crawly just thinking about you having a spider in your hair. i hate to think how'd i'd react if it had it in my hair.

RayRay said...

worst. nightmare. ever.

i thought at first maybe the boys were playing a joke on you...

anne said...

sometimes in the morning Mary sneaks into my room while I am still sleeping and tickles me to make me think there is a bug on me. It's not funny.