Sunday, October 11, 2009

October 11, 2009

October 11, 2009

Dear Family and Friends,

Here are the highlights from the week. Monday is a complete blur. I can’t remember anything that was noteworthy. J caught the cold that B-man and I had last week. Luckily it didn’t seem horribly bothersome to him.

IMG_1406

Tuesday we had a fun afternoon. M knew he would be working extra later in the week and so he took off half a day. That afternoon after lunch we went to a “farm” in the area. It was way different than the farm we go to normally. This farm is only open for the fall season and it is really not a IMG_1281farm, but fun things to do at a farm. They had a multitude of long fun slides. B-man loved all the different slides, but he spent the majority of the time at the biggest slide. After a few runs we figured out which “lane” was the fastest and then he would only go down “number six.” The middle-aged ladies running the slide thought it was hilarious. Even M and I went down a few times, and it was much faster than the other lanes. We also loved the baby pigs and the corn maze. It was a very fun afternoon, and the weather could not have been better for the adventure. After we got home we had just enough time for a very fast dinner before I left for mutual. We had our first activity at the new church building our ward will attend. We were dusting and cleaning to make sure it would be ready for Sunday.

IMG_1379

Wednesday was a quiet day. I haven’t been going anywhere unless really necessary so that I can get J into a routine of sorts. Thursday after B-man came home from school we went to the farm. We had a picnic and then played with some friends from our ward that just happened to be there at the same time. Then we picked our pumpkin from the pumpkin patch and went home. For a while B-man was more interested in the big dog that was with the farmer driving the hay ride. He told him about Scout our family dog that just died. It was a very B-man conversation to be having with a stranger. Eventually he came and actually picked a pumpkin, although he always made sure he knew where the dog was. (Not because he was afraid.)

Friday was picture day for B-man. I gave him three options for shirts and he picked my least favorite. Then he insisted on wearing shorts that didn’t match, but I decided it didn’t matter because you wouldn’t see them in the picture anyway. He has been going through a spiky hair stage, and I tried to convince him to do the “wave” hair, but he insisted on spiky. In the end I think we compromised enough so that it looked like we did care about pictures. About five minutes after getting home while I was working on lunch he was laying on the carpet by the sliding glass door saying he wasn’t hungry. Since that isn’t exactly his normal behavior I checked his forehead and discovered that he had a fever. He had also been coughing. I immediately put him in pajamas and made him lay around for the rest of the day. I’m pretty suspicious that is swine flu, I know of quite a few cases in the area… That night I went to a fondue girls’ night out. I made a chocolate fondue with bittersweet chocolate. It was delicious!

IMG_1469

Saturday morning I got up before anyone else and headed out looking for deals at garage sales. I shopped until J needed to be fed. Then I came home and fed him and headed out again. M was very nice and not only took care of a sick B-man and J, but he also managed to completely reorganize our storage room to utilize the shelves that I had purchased that morning! It was a fun surprise to come home to. The rest of the day we spent at home trying to keep B-man away from J. If he was by himself for too long we would hear him call out “Mom, I’m lonely!” and then we would go and try to be by him more.

IMG_1467

Today B-man’s fever has been gone, but we didn’t want to take him to church until it had been a full day with no fever. So M went to church without us. It was kind of a bummer to miss the first week in the new chapel. After church we had homemade pizza for dinner. Normally we do that on Friday but since B-man was sick we kept pushing it back, and he made me promise to do it on Sunday. It has been hard to keep B-man away from people today when he has been lying around for three days. He is ready to get out some of his energy now that he is feeling better. Tonight he was talking about Darth Vader and when I asked him what Vader says he exclaimed with a lot of vigor, “You don’t know the power of Jesus!” Well said, B-man well said.

 

We love you all!

R, M, B-man, and J

4 comments:

emi. said...

So many things in this post are so lovely and hilarious. thank you thank you. first i love all the pictures (especially of sick b-man), and then i love everything else.

heart
e

B said...

I hope B-man is feeling better. I love the farm you guys went to! Directions, please? =) I love the pics of your kids. J is getting so big.

anne said...

you had such an autumnal adventure at that farm. this is the time of year that everyone should live on the east coast. so beautiful. And sorry about the swine flu.

I didn't realize Darth Vader had such a strong testimony.

Amber said...

Sorry about the sickies. No fun!
But I am glad you were able to step away and enjoy time with your friends. mmmm...fondue.
I didn't know Darth Vader was so righteous ;). Awesome. I love it.