Thursday, March 12, 2009

Early Surprise

Yesterday morning I got a surprise from B-man.

We have a new routine in the morning, since he is staying in his bed. The last little while he has been yelling at me from his room when he wakes up. It is usually some strange conversation, and him asking if he can come into my room. Then I try to sleep for as long as I can while he snuggles with me. Once he gets too hungry we head downstairs for breakfast.

Yesterday things were happening just like normal. B-man was yelling to me, and I could hear him moving around. I was still trying to sleep. When he came into my room (and after several attempts for me to listen) he told me that he had made his bed all by himself. Usually we make beds after breakfast, and I help him quite a bit since it is a queen size bed on risers. Well it was obvious he wanted me to see his work. So I stumbled out of bed and shuffled down the hall to his room. To my shock and amazement he had a perfectly made bed! He had even put the "fancy pillow" (sham) on and it was pretty much in the middle. I was so excited that he not only made his own bed without help, but he did it without me asking!!! It's a mother's dream come true!

Sadly, we didn't have a repeat of the same incident today. Although he did make the bed all by himself again. It was just later in the morning at the "usual" time.

1 comment:

emi. said...

dream come true!