Thursday, March 19, 2009

Grandma E and Aunt L



We had a fun surprise visit from Grandma E and Aunt L on Monday. I only found out the morning they came that they were coming for sure, so I kept it a secret from B-man. Eventually I had to tell him that I couldn't play with him because I needed to get things done since we were having a visitor come. He begged me to tell him (I never did) who was coming, and he was so happy when we pulled up at the airport and they were waiting for us there! It was so much fun for us to have them here for a few days. The time went WAY too quickly. And I am sure that we are going to wake up tomorrow feeling pretty lonely! We did a lot of visiting. We worked on a few small projects. And we did a lot of experimenting with food and cooking. (With delicious results.)



We also went to the newly reopened American History Museum.
The museum is full of fun things to look at, but since we had a four year old in tow we had to keep it short in places like Julia Child's kitchen, and the exhibit on dresses that have been worn by First Ladies through the years... B-man loved playing with this exhibit. You took different things and experimented with marbles and all the different kinds of sounds that could be made. It was fun for us too. He loved it so much that Grandma treated him to some marbles from the gift shop. He has been carrying at least one around with him for the last 36 hours. We were all exhausted by the time we had to move the car or face a ticket. It was a nice excuse to head home. B-man found the Frisbee in the trunk and we had to throw the Frisbee for a few minutes before heading home. We all wanted to sit around once home, but B-man had enough energy for all of us and we had to play a little more Frisbee at home. I was so happy when he was in bed and I could sit down and not feel guilty.

We both sure love having people come. Consider it an invitation!

2 comments:

Nicole said...

We want to come visit SO BAD. I have never been to DC and I am a little sad that we are not moving there! If I can convince Lance that we need to make the trip, we will be there!

L said...

I've been looking through your blog...and I don't know how I missed this one! Cute! And I love how Benjamin says my name!! I miss you both and I'm excited to see you again next month! Give Benjamin a big hug from me!