Sunday, March 15, 2009

March 15, 2009


B-man helping me make the pizza crust. He really likes to help knead the dough.


The cake was as good as it looks. And no I didn't make it... I don't make my own birthday cake.

A little jetski action...


Some sort of a roller coaster ride.

March 15, 2009

Dear Family and Friends,

Every once in a while I start to loose my motivation for doing these weekly updates. I am in such a funk now. I feel like I never have anything new to say, and that it is just boring and exactly the same thing over and over. Monday’s highlight was that we got to have another ultrasound on the baby. They wanted to double check something that they had seen on the last ultrasound. Everything looked great, and we got some great shots of the baby. He is already measuring big, (like 96%) and I am not sure how I feel about that. I thought having a normal size baby that grew to a giant after he was born was a perfect way to start things off! Maybe he’s an early grower. M got to come with to the ultrasound, and so we had a free afternoon as a family. After picking up B-man we had a fun lunch and then went to run a few errands. One of which was to get some dry ice. When we got home we packed the wheat that we had in bags into buckets with dry ice at the bottom. The process was much faster than we thought it would be. Since we had a bunch left over we took the rest of the dry ice to some friends that we know have a bunch of wheat in bags that needed to be packed. M showed them how to do it, and so we ended up staying for a little while. That night after dinner M taught our FHE lesson. For dessert we celebrated my birthday with a fun cake and ice cream. We love to stretch out birthdays…

Tuesday I was in charge of preschool. It went really well. We were working on the letter “W” and also talking about Handel (and his “Water music”). It’s fun to see how much the kids have progressed since the beginning of the year. That night M visited a few men in his quorum to issue some calls. He now has a secretary which will lighten his work load considerably.

Wednesday after David was dropped off we went to the church and helped to decorate the gym for “New Beginnings”. B and David had a great time playing with the other kids, and after setting up it all looked amazing! The weather was so nice that after leaving the church I took the boys to a big park that was close by. They ran around and had fun until we were all hungry and thirsty. B has been talking about the park ever since. Unfortunately is has been to cold to go back. During the afternoon I got a surprise and was able to listen in through a conference call to my brother opening his mission call. It was so exciting, and we couldn’t be more thrilled for him. That night M stayed late at work to get some things done. B and I had dinner without him, and then he ate when he got home. We overlapped by about twenty minutes, and then I was off to the “New Beginnings” program. The night went really well. It was organized by two of the young women for one of their projects, and although we were a little worried that it would all come together, in the end it went off splendidly. I was amazed at how outgoing and confident the two young women were that we have coming in this year. After the program and a few minutes of visiting with the women, I then rushed home so that M could make it to his Presidency Meeting. It was a very busy, but rewarding night!

Thursday was preschool day again. Nothing too exciting to report. The kids only wanted to play, but who can blame them? The rest of the day was pretty calm. That night M played in a tournament game for ward basketball. The game was ended early because of pushing and had a little other drama too. It was a fun season while it lasted!

Friday I had David. We stayed close to home and didn’t do too much. M got home early that day since he had worked so much earlier in the week. We spent the afternoon running random errands and just enjoying being together. B-man had filled up his bean jar, and originally we had told him that the reward would be to see a movie in the theatre. The only problem is that there is NOTHING in the theatres that is appropriate for a four year old. We were racking our brains trying to figure out an alternative that he would think was just as fun. In the end we gave him the choice of several things, and he chose to go to Chucky Cheese’s. Luckily I thought to look at their website and got some great coupons so it was actually cheap! After David was picked up we headed off to Chucky Cheese’s. B-man was so happy, he was having so much fun, and M and I loved watching him. We did both steal a few tokens to try our hand at “Skee-Ball.” B-man only wanted to do the games where he could drive or shoot something. That meant he was really bad at all of them, but he didn’t even realize that he was doing so poorly. It was great! After several hours of fun we headed home with some leftover tokens. B-man is already asking when we can go back, and has played with the tokens every day. I need to find a good hiding place for them… We had some ice cream when we got home to top off the family party and then B-man went to bed.

Saturday we were so excited to have nothing to do in the morning. We had a very leisurely morning with a tasty breakfast. Once we finished breakfast we started working on a bunch of projects. We got a lot done. We framed and hung artwork, worked on drywall projects, spread mulch in the yard, and a bunch of other little things. It felt good to get so much done from our list, and I love having some new art up in our house! It also means that it is out of the spot where it has been waiting to be hung so I have less clutter! That night we made tasty homemade pizza, and then we babysat for our co-op. It was only one other couple’s children, so the night was pretty easy. After they left M worked on packing for his trip and I worked on my lesson a little before we headed to bed.

Today has been a great day. Our morning went very smoothly. M went a meeting, and while he was gone I finished my lesson. When he got home he finished packing and getting all of his things together. We had a great lunch and then we were off to church. B-man has started asking to walk to Primary by himself. I can’t let a four year old do that yet, so he walked really fast in front of me while I tried to keep up. Periodically he would check over his shoulder to see how far back I was. Do you think it’s possible that I already am embarrassing to him? He is getting so big, and I don’t know how I feel about it! My lesson went well (we even had a nonmember friend there) and then as soon as church was over we rushed to the car to get M to the airport. B-man was so cute and wanted to be helpful so he helped M roll one of his bags into the airport and check it at the counter. I was waiting for him to come back and got a very grumpy officer who told me to keep moving… There was more traffic than we have ever seen at the airport, but M had no trouble getting to his gate in time. B-man and I had a sad drive back to the house. We made a quick but tasty dinner and then I had a moment of, “Well now what?” We filled our time without too much difficulty and then B-man was off to bed.

We hope you all are well. We love you!

R, M, and B-man


2 comments:

Michelle Andersen said...

I love your weekly updates! Keep up the good work. You are inspiring me to start this, but I still need to pep talk myself into it a little more. :) One question...who is David? I always read about him, but don't know who he is. Love you!

anne said...

Bec, I also have a question: Wheat in a bag with dry ice? What in the world?!?!