Sunday, March 8, 2009

Kryptonite



This is how B-man normally looks while swimming...

He is fearless, always charging into the water, wanting to dive deep, and jump far. (He wasn't even four in these pictures yet!) But every superhero has their weakness. Just like Superman and his kryptonite. B-man's is his goggles. If he isn't wearing them, you can forget about any swimming success. He sinks like a stone. My sister E worked with him over the summer to get him to swim without goggles, and it did help, but only a little. He just finished swim lessons. One of the days we didn't have the swim bag with the very important goggles in them. B-man just stood in ankle deep water for several minutes trying to figure out what to do. He dove for rings while keeping his eyes above water. (A benefit of being so tall.) The whole swim lesson he was working so hard on keeping his head above the water that he couldn't do anything else. It is slightly hilarious to watch. I think I might need to invest in a few extra pairs of goggles. We don't want our superhero to turn up missing when we need him most!

4 comments:

L said...

Benjamin (or should I call you Superman?), you are such a good little swimmer! I miss you so much! I'm coming to visit you in April. I'm excited to see you! I love you, Benjamin!

Love, Aunt Lucy

emi. said...

hahahahaahhaha.
give me one hour with him! one hour!

B said...

Sounds like Chris without his laptop - not sure how to solve a problem without Google! =)

Matt said...

The question is: Is there anything that should be solved without at least checking with Google?