Tuesday, March 31, 2009

A Simple Request

B-man has been after me to invite people over to our house. I have really been trying, but mostly people say no. We have a few neighborhood boys, and I had promised B-man today that we could see if they wanted to play. But after working in the back yard I thought that we might have missed the play date window. Here is our conversation that we had while going in. You have to imagine B-man saying it all in an emotionally distraught voice...

B-man: "Mom please can we invite Connor or Grant to play? I'm lonely!"
Me: "Well you don't have to be lonely, I'm here!"
B-man: "Mom, I need a man! Dad isn't here, and I just need a man!"
Me: "Hmmm, well maybe we can see if anyone is outside..."


Frankly I know a little how he is feeling. Although I don't think the two four year olds that live on our street really qualify as a "man." But we won't get caught up with semantics. Who can blame B-man for missing Mr. M so much. There is definitely a void that I can't fill in the house. Like the ability to wrestle and man handle him without complaining about him hurting me!


This is a gem from September '06 when we were in Provo.


In the end they were both outside and we had a great time.

2 comments:

emi. said...

oh i love this story!

emi. said...

and...Lucy says: we know how he feels.

(we need a man too!)