Sunday, September 20, 2009

September 20, 2009

September 20, 2009


Dear Family and Friends,


This week has been slow! I can’t seem to remember much of what has happened. Monday night for FHE we took B-man to use a birthday ice cream coupon. The boys had also gone swimming that day. We have been trying to go to the pool almost every day even though the weather has not been very good. This has been the last week that our pool is open and we wanted to take advantage of it. Of course it was too cold for me, but that’s okay. We also delivered a Book of Mormon to our lifeguard friend since it was his last day. He was so nice to B-man and was leaving to go back to Serbia.

IMG_0931

Tuesday night I had mutual. We helped to clean the nursery toys that will be going in our new chapel. At first most of the girls were mostly chatting and not really cleaning. I was a little worried that the mountain of toys would never get clean. But with a little encouragement the girls started working and we were able to get them all clean and sorted.


Wednesday M got home early from work, and we ended up going to the farm together. The weather was beautiful, and we were able to pick edamame, potatoes, and cherry tomatoes for us and a friend. It was a lot easier with M there. The farm has some new tool that uncovers the potatoes for you, so this year we didn’t have to go hunting with our shovel. After the farm the boys went for a very quick dip in the pool and then we had dinner. After dinner we went to the church and B-man drove his new remote control car around the gym while M was working in the Clerk’s office. That night he had a presidency meeting.

IMG_0952

Thursday was a calm day. My visiting teacher came by and brought her son that is B-man’s age. They had a great time playing together while we visited. That night was going to be nice and calm, but at the last minute some friends needed a babysitter for their two boys.


Friday was our family party day. We made pizza and then watched a little of the movie “Cars.” B-man had seen a little playing at Costco and wanted to see more at our house. With our new school schedule and a new baby we have been going to bed pretty early every night.


Saturday morning we went looking at garage sales. We found some great things! One house several great buys, the kinds of things you only find once in a life-time. I know that sounds cheesy. But who sells brand new Cutco knives at a garage sale? (I bought three for $8!) The rest of the day was busy, busy. We had a friend come over and work on a bunch of projects on our house. The first project was replacing and tacking down shingles that had blown off our roof. There are some incredibly strong winds here in the winter, and almost every house in our neighborhood needed some work done on their shingles. All of our neighbors saw someone working on our house and so they all ended up getting their roofs fixed at the same time. Then we all had a break, M and B-man went to a house warming party for a family that he used to home teach. I stayed at home while J was sleeping and worked on my lesson a little. We also managed to squeeze in a game of Stratego, and writing and practicing B-man’s talk for Primary.


Today has been a pretty typical Sunday. M had meetings, and we practiced B-man’s talk a lot. It took a lot of bribing and energy to get him to practice! I tried to squeeze in some thought on my lesson while all this was going on. At church I ended up only getting ten minutes to teach my lesson. That is always a little frustrating for me. I never know if I will have ten minutes to teach or thirty minutes. We also went and listened to B-man give his talk. I held up pictures while he spoke into the microphone. He really wanted to hold the mic, which meant that I had to turn the pages. As part of the talk he told the story of him reminding me to say a prayer when I had lost an envelope filled with cash. Whenever we practiced he would add that the police called and caught the people that stole the money. There were no police involved in the true story, and thankfully he left that out of the talk he gave to the Primary. I always wish we could video tape talks in Primary. After church M went to help give a blessing to someone, and I worked on a salad that we were taking to a dinner.


We love you all!

R, M, B-man, and J


3 comments:

anne said...

I love it that B tried to spice up the story in his talk! Wasn't there a general authority who got in a little trouble for making things up to make his stories seem more meaty? B is starting young!

RayRay said...

did you get nikola's contact information for me??? I totally should have kissed him. He's sexy.

emi. said...

i love all the funny spots in this post!